SkiBound Operations Supervisor
SkiBound has specialized in school and adult group travel for over 26 years. As well as our locally run hotels, SkiBound operate ClubHotels which are exclusive properties run by British staff.
Our ClubHotels offer a relaxed and social atmosphere to ensure that groups receive a friendly, fun, value for money holiday. The ClubHotels are situated in various resorts across the French Alps. All our resorts offer something different, from traditional French charm to the more lively and cosmopolitan mainstream snow sports destinations
What you will be doing
To assist in set up, day to day running, and close down of the French Skibound Clubhotels operations program, achieving a high level of customer satisfaction and profitability. You will understand the objectives of SkiBound and the product we deliver.
Reporting to the senior country managers you will visit all units regularly and support the operations staff and hotel management in achieving their objectives.
The operations supervisor job description covers a broad spectrum of main tasks that are dictated through the needs of the business on a daily basis and overall business objectives
• Achieve personal and program financial objectives through income revenue generation and expenditure control.
• Ensure ski-pack sales and apres ski opportunities are fully exploited
• Manage supplier relationships ensuring best cost vs delivery is achieved.
• Develop and report any other income generation ideas.
• Assist with relevant purchases to enhance with the operations delivery.
• Promote and monitor the incomes for our in house charity
• Monitor and control all operations financial expenditure, paperwork and monies.
• Ensure operations resort set up and close down is achieved correctly.
• Carry out and monitor hotel/activity safety audits in co-operation with senior managers.
• Sign off operations invoices ensuring they are appropriate and accurate, with regards to contracts and orders.
• Ensure that we remain competitive against our competition in resort through marketing and social meeting.
• Ensure that all operations paperwork and documentation is correctly displayed and produced.
• Arrange, supervise and reserve all entertainments and ski-pack needs of 3rd party accommodation groups.
• Ensure client and staff medicals are handled quickly and appropriately in line with company policy in co-ordination with operations administrator.
• Participate and deliver operations training course at season start.
• Deliver staff PDU / PDP appraisals in accordance with senior managers..
• Assist with personnel HR issues where needed.
• Develop staff showing the skills for future promotions
• Assist with staff transport.
• Ensure staff are meticulously presented at all times
• Assist with Airport duties taking responsibility for on-site airport issues/management where delegated each Saturday.
• In co-ordination with senior managers liaise with UK for group information and prepare for group arrival with hotel co-operation.
• Create standard prices schedule across program for upgrades, sales and apres-ski
• Ensure you build relations with clients and seek to meet with all party leader’s once per week.
• Liaise with ski school and lift pass companies as necessary.
• Develop in house revenues opportunities while delivering the apres program.
• Attend weekly meeting with senior managers
• Manage your own vehicle and expenses producing expenses at least once a month before the last Thursday of each month.
• Produce EOS report for your role and reports for key staff, including business report per unit and PDU’s.
• Ensure Cfq targets and schools questionnaire targets are achieved.
• Ensure systems are in place to deliver excellent customer service.
• Promote the company and program.
• Deliver ideas on how to better improve the program within budget constraints
What we are looking for
• Full driving license
• Experience in ski and operations environment at a supervisory/management level
• Good command of French language
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to develop and drive sales
• Strong ability to manage and motivate others and self
• Results driven
• Strong negotiation skills