Director of Golf - The Belfry, West Midlands
DIRECTOR OF GOLF & RETAIL
The Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort now has the unique opportunity for an experienced Director of Golf & Retail. The position will promote an exceptional "golf experience," and provide excellent services and programs for all patrons. This position will sit on the Executive Committee for the resort and represent the Golf Division within the resort, ownership and community.
Successfully voted both England’s Leading Resort in The World Travel Awards and England’s Best Golf Hotel and England’s Best Golf Course in The World Golf Awards 2015, The Belfry Hotel is a leading 4* Resort settled in 550 acres of West Midlands countryside. Our world-class facilities include luxurious guest bedrooms, over 20 conference and events rooms, restaurants, bars, a nightclub, a luxury Spa and Health Club and of course… amazing golf!
The DOG is responsible for overseeing the management of golf retail, academy and the operations of three golf courses including the world renowned Ryder Cup course The Brabazon, The PGA National and The Derby and is ultimately responsible for the financial performance of these areas.
As a leader within the golf operations team, the Director of Golf is responsible and accountable for developing, implementing, and coordinating operational and service assurance programs to provide first class service for our guests. This includes meeting or exceeding our established standards for team member satisfaction, guest satisfaction, sales and financial performance. As the Director of Golf, you must lead by example by taking a proactive position to all issues concerning the operations of the golf courses, golf academy and the retail outlet.
- To operate at both a tactical and strategic level, managing and continuously developing all aspects of the golf business;
- Provide a clear vision for its strategic direction, whilst taking personal responsibility for identifying additional sales and marketing opportunities;
- Purchasing of golf retail lines in conjunction with trade suppliers;
- Ensure customer service excellence is consistently delivered, and revenues and profitability are maximised;
- Ensure targets for RevPar are achieved through the maximization of rounds and revenues;
- Innovative in identifying market strategies to stay ahead of the competition;
- Formulate and establish operating procedures and goals;
- Establish and manage purchase order programs, contribution reports, and budgets for all functions at the golf operation;
- Review weekly and monthly financial reports of each operation;
- Proactive in suggesting and debating alternative methods and procedures in solving concerns and assuring that we exceed the expectations and satisfaction of our guests, team members, and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and three to five years related experience as a Director of Golf and retail in an established volume golf resort; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to execute budgets on a daily, monthly and annual basis.
- Must be able to understand and explain the P&L statement
- Must be able to present capital projects.
- Must be able to coach team members in learning the same skills.
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Great interpersonal and people skills, be a brand ambassador
- PGA/ CPGA/LPGA member preferred.
- Competitive Salary & Package DOE
- 33 days Holidays (incl BH’s)
- Life Assurance, Income protection and critical illness cover
- Private Medical Cover
- Meals on Duty
- Car Parking
- Staff discounts in Hotel and Group on F&F and F&B outlets
- Opportunities for career progression throughout the wider organisation
A flexible and mature work attitude along with proven experience of working to targets and under pressure are key to this post. If you meet the above criteria and are ready to embark on a new career, please apply online with a cover note detailing relevant qualifications and experience.