Spa Reception and Services Manager - London
Offering exceptional hospitality since 1865, Hotel Café Royal is an iconic London landmark, showcasing a magnificent blend of elegant heritage with chic contemporary edge. This 5 star luxury hotel is a member of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ featuring 160 exquisite guestrooms, including 49 suites and 6 signature suites, as well a unique selection of bars, restaurants, event spaces, private members club and the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. Prominently gracing it’s presence on Regent Street at Piccadilly Circus; Hotel Café Royal is perfectly positioned within walking distance of London’s finest shopping, attractions and theatres.
The Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre provides a personal and intimate holistic experience. Complete with a large lap pool, the gym has the most advanced fitness equipment, including Kinesis machines, a spacious aerobics studio and a private training room. Watsu hydro-experiences are offered, as well as private and public Hammam and signature Akasha treatments. The all-organic lounge and bar area offers a healthy, nourishing assortment of snacks and juices.
Reporting to the Director of Spa and working as part of a larger Akasha management team you will possess a flexible and adaptive hands-on approach in order to coach and develop your team from a seamless arrival and departure experience, to promoting our bespoke in-house range of treatments and products.
You will be responsible for training and supervising the reception team and will play a key role in driving spa sales within Akasha. You will lead and train the reception team in up selling treatments and retail products to meet the department’s objectives. You will ensure that K Pi's figures are accurate on a daily basis and will motivate the team and follow up on all monthly objectives.
Your general management duties will also include providing advice and guidance to guests on Spa facilities and services, promoting membership, bookings for spa services; as well as recruitment, staff scheduling and broad product knowledge.
- Experience in a client facing reception or sales role within a luxury spa environment.
- Someone in a previous spa reception management role is preferred or a strong supervisory looking for their next career move.
- Good knowledge of spa treatments. Knowledge of 5 star spa products and treatments
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of Receptionists to deliver outstanding guest service and drive the financial performance of the spa
- Strong sales skills to drive revenue of treatments, retail and membership
- Excellent level of written and spoken English with strong communication skills. Additional languages desirable.
- Excellent admin skills
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Professional qualifications in holistic therapies, massage and/or beauty are not essential for this role; however, a solid understanding of these treatments and fitness trends is desirable
- Competitive salary
- On duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicantsmust be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
Apply for Spa Reception and Services Manager - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly