Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Nye Bevan Pool is part of the West Lancashire Community Leisure Trust. Their vision is the creation and maintenance of a first class range of healthy leisure and recreational activities and facilities to serve all parts of the community.
We are currently recruiting for a Fitness Instructor to work 36 hours per week. You will work on a rota basis, covering earlies, lates and weekends.
The role is to provide inspiring fitness coaching to customers and to provide advice, guidance and programming to customers on all aspects of exercise and related subjects in accordance with the Customer Intimacy Health and Fitness programme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Provide safe, appropriate, fun and results focussed fitness coaching to customers.
- Conduct customer inductions and fitness assessments.
- Support and guide customers to set SMART exercise goals.
- Maintain a full product knowledge of the services available at the centre and advise customers accordingly.
- Contribute to planning and marketing strategies.
- Supervise all customers to ensure the correct use of fitness training equipment.
- Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
- Involvement in Membership sales including tours of facility and sign ups.
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role;
- Hold a REPS Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification or equivalent is essential.
- Hold a REPS level 3 Fitness Instructor qualification or equivalent is desirable.
- Hold a Level 2 Exercise to Music qualification or equivalent is desirable.
- Excellent product knowledge and experience.
- High quality customer service and communication skills.
- Health and safety training and awareness.
- Planning, marketing and sales promotional skills.
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.