Head Waiter/Waitress - New Milton, Hampshire
Juice Hospitality are recruiting for an experienced Head Waiter or Head Waitress to join an award winning luxury hotel in Hampshire. This role will involve supervising a team who are responsible for serving guests in a prestigious 3 AA rosette restaurant. You could find yourself delivering freshly based croissants to guest suites for breakfast, serving delicious afternoon tea or working in the fine dining restaurant in the evening.
- To ensure that the service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the Restaurant Manager.
- To be fully conversant with every dish served in the Restaurant and to provide explanations as requested.
- To communicate with other Restaurant staff and departments.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager and his Assistants in keeping the morale of the Team up through social and educational events.
- To make sure that Company Policy, the Vision Statement, and Departmental Objectives are followed and utilised at all times.
- To assist with mise en place through distribution of tasks and to ensure the monitoring and completion of tasks is done properly and in time allocated.
- To take responsibility for service in the area of the Restaurant under your responsibility during your shift.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager and his Assistants in the preparation and presentation of training programmes, briefings and SOP's.
- To report, monitor or handle small disciplinary matters.
- To be aware and promote all services offered in the Hotel.
- To ensure that all guest wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible.
- To ensure that all staff call guests by their correct name and title.
- To assist with the Restaurant administration as allocated at twice monthly Management meetings.
- To welcome, sit and take food orders from guests in the Lounge or Restaurant.
- To ensure that service is at all times performed in a professional manner following standards set.
- To ensure that the billing procedure is thorough, correct and signed at completion of each meal.
- To collate information and feedback while attending all staff briefings before each service.
- To obtain feedback from guests and to use this to improve service and to pass on such to the Restaurant Manager and his Assistants.
- To ensure overall responsibility of the running of your station, private function or room service.
- To assist in preparation, presentation and recording of trainings sessions.
- To maintain good communication between Kitchen/Restaurant and other departments on a daily basis re specials, shortages and special dietary requirements.
- To ensure that the Restaurant and Room Service areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
Similar experience within a 4* or 5* hotel or venue is essential. This fantastic role offers an exceptional progression path, a generous basic salary, service charge payment and local staff accommodation if required.
Please apply to Juice Hospitality today with your up-to-date current CV and one of our Recruitment Managers will contact you to discuss the role in more detail.
Apply for Head Waiter/Waitress - New Milton, Hampshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly