Food & Beverage Services Manager
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Bisham Abbey is one of Sport England`s National Sports Centres and is home to a number of National Governing Bodies of Sport. Bisham Abbey provides excellent facilities to Britain`s leading sports men and women, and aims to provide a world class experience where everything we do ensures that our customers are valued and their satisfaction and recommendation to others is paramount.
We are currently recruiting a full time, permanent Food and Beverage Services Manager. The Food and Beverage Manager will manage the catering team on a day to day basis to achieve high standards of service and customer care at all times.
* Lead, direct and manage the catering, event delivery and reception.
* Ensure correct staffing levels are maintained in accordance with service requirements and the business plan through the management of staff rotas and business needs in relevant areas
* Provide information, instruction and training to staff to ensure they fulfil their roles in an efficient and safe manner
* Ensure high standards of food hygiene, site presentation and cleanliness are maintained at all times
* Update and maintain risk assessments for relevant areas
* Ensure consumable and retail / resale stocks are maintained at appropriate levels and place orders as required to meet service demands
* Work with the management team in the development of business plans and budgets
* Ensure financial procedures are complied with
* Participate in promotional activities as agreed with the Contract Manager
* Ensure brand standards are maintained and promoted
* Ensure and maintain compliance with all relevant safety legislation and licencing
* Undertake any other duties as required within the Centre as directed by your line manager
Qualifications: Experience, Skills:
* Alcohol licencing qualification and a hospitality qualification desirable
* Experience in supervision or management of a food retail operation or service led organisation
* Experience in staff management, supervision and development
* Experience in administrative and financial processes
* Experience of management of large events and functions
* Experience of managing large teams to tight timescales
* Experience in a licenced trade
* A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* High standards of organisation and presentation
* High personal integrity and motivation
We are looking for a high calibre candidate and will offer an attractive salary and benefits package to the right person. Benefits include:
* Free Gym membership
* Staff meal discounts
* On site accommodation when duties require (please note this is not a live in role)
* Pension scheme
* Family Healthcare scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Discounts and money off vouchers for a wide range of goods and services
* Work and Life Support service
In return we offer a competitive salary, a benefits package to include a contributory pension and the opportunity to further your career within a supportive environment.
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.