Casual Receptionist - Tenterden Leisure Centre
Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Tenterden Leisure Centre provides a wide range of facilities offering an excellent choice of sporting and leisure activities. We are currently recruiting for a Casual Receptionist to provide front line customer service at Tenterden Leisure Centre.
We are currently recruiting for Casual Receptionists based at Tenterden Leisure Centre. The working hours are on an as and when basis. It is essential that you are available to work early shifts from 6.15am, late shifts up until 9.15pm on weekdays and also bank holidays and weekends.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Greet and welcome customers into the Leisure Centre
* Take and record customer bookings using a computerised booking system
* Deal with cash transactions and receipts
* Ensure a continuous availability of customer information
* Informing customers with regards to memberships
* Deal with first line customer enquiries via telephone or face to face
* Deal with any complaints effectively and professionally
Keys Skills and Experience:
* Hold GCSE (or equivalent) qualifications in Maths and English level C or above
* Have previous experience of working in a similar role/environment is desirable
* Good communication and customer care skills
* Ability to work well under pressure
* The ability to handle cash and maintain records
* A good telephone manner.
* Use of IT systems (In house systems training will be given)
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.