Children's Activity Assistant (Casual), Bangor Aurora
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Bangor Aurora Aquatic and Leisure Complex are looking to recruit a Casual Children’s Activity Assistant to provide clean, safe and properly supervised facilities and activities for the children of customers to the Leisure Centre.
* The proper and safe supervision of children of all ages at Children's Birthday Parties and any other events held at Aurora.
* Provide clean and safe facilities/activities.
* Provide a friendly and welcome service to customers and their children.
* Co-ordinate the parties and all activities associated with it.
* Set up and clean party areas.
* Maintain a full product knowledge of the services available at the Centre and advise customers accordingly.
* Adopt a pro-active approach to continuous service improvement.
* To follow relevant company policies and procedures for the running of the holiday schemes.
* To complete relevant safety checks on all activity equipment.
Skills and Experience:
Qualification Level (Essential): 5 GCSEs or equivalent Qualification Level (Desirable) Coaching Qualification
* Excellent child care skills
* Good customer care and communicaation skills
* Health and safety training/awareness
* First aid and first line emergency training
* A commitment to professional child care
* Highly motivated to provide great customer service
* An open, honest and caring personality
* High personal integrity and standards
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.