Yoga Studio Manager
Are you ready to Live Life with Fierce Grace?
We are looking for a dynamic results-driven person to join the hottest yoga business in the UK as Studio Manager in Brixton.
The right candidate will understand the brand and be able to demonstrate they are the best fit for the profile.
We are one of the Fierce Grace franchise partnerships entering our third year of successful operation in Brixton.
Our goal is to build on the success of our first years’ of operation and be the leading hot yoga studio in south London and part of building the leading recognised yoga brand nationwide and internationally - while holding true to our core values and those of our Fierce Grace founder.
You will build a team to drive the studio in Brixton forward by growing sales and attendance, by looking for new ways to increase performance and keep the community feel our members expect.
You will be responsible for maintaining standards of our studio and keeping to the heart of Fierce Grace Hot Yoga. This encompasses but is not limited to Customer Service, Site Maintenance, Member Retention and Attrition.
You will be business orientated, know and understand what it takes to succeed.
- Team Management Experience
- Proven record of growing sales and performance.
- Excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Understand and demonstrate working to and exceeding budgets.
- Work to P&L
- Work in similar health and fitness environment.
- Use Mindbody Online
Job Description – Fierce Grace Brixton
Title: Studio Manager (SM)
Reports to: Owner
Responsible for: Team of part-time studio reception staff.
Based at: Studio
Number of days: As agreed with owner.
Job purpose: The SM has overall responsibility for the effective and efficient running and development of the studio. The SM is the key role at the studio responsible for all operations including: financial management, customer service, staffing/HR , facilities management, repairs and maintenance, retail sales and stock management, sales, marketing and promotions, all internal and external marketing communications.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Day-to-day running of the studio in accordance with company policies and procedures ensuring timely and accurate reports are sent to owner. Including ensuring that the heating and humidification systems are properly maintained and operating.
- To organise the staff schedule and be responsible for implementing the teachers schedule. To recruit, train, develop, manage and motivate staff. Co-ordinate helpers schedule. Hold monthly staff meetings, provide updates to owner. To complete staff reviews, dealing with any performance and disciplinary issues with the agreement of the owner.
- To assume lead responsibility for the studio financial budget – maximising income and reducing/minimising expenditure displaying understanding and ownership of the key income and expenditure lines as agreed with the owner. Including managing monthly staff payroll and (when applicable) pension auto-enrol; and monthly teachers’ pay.
- To provide all reports to owner about all studio business.
- Manage studio MBO database system ensuring accurate and up to date records are held as well as ensuring studio website remains up-to-date and is properly maintained.
- To respond to all customer queries and correspondence within appropriate timescales.
- To monitor and maintain existing monthly standing order members including admin of and report to owner as required. Grow monthly members within agreed targets. Ensure and monitor payment of standing order payments.
- Co-ordinate all studio repairs and maintenance issues (short and long term). Minimise expenditure on repairs. Ensure heating systems is changed when schedule changes.
- Ensure all Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and improvements as required by law. Liaise with all statutory bodies/visits.
- Identifying any building fabric issues.
- To ensure accurate ordering of all studio supplies and stock is kept secure.
- Co-ordinate studio-specific sales, marketing and promotions including all content for social media, encourage corporate sales.
- Drive secondary spend at studio – achieving agreed profit margins, and encouraging additional revenue.
- Promote the studio within the local community and local business network encouraging deals and increased awareness of studio.
- Collect and co-ordinate student feedback on all aspects of studio operations.
- To be responsible for cash security, safe operation, petty cash float, and regular banking.
- Review daily cash-up sheets and check against receipts/cash. Correct any mistakes – submit to accounts within agreed deadlines.
- To assume overall responsibility for customer service.
- Responsible for day to day opening, security, protection of all company assets, intruder alarm (including out of hours call outs), fire alarm operations.
- Stock management. Perform accurate stock counts. Ensure security of all retail stock ensure all items are displayed in accordance with agreed policy, particular attention to accurate clear pricing/labelling and sales promotions. Inputting all stock and POs into the MBO database.
- Organise member social events.
- To be responsible for the general look and feel, atmosphere, smell, of the day to day operation of the studio. Ensure all internal communications, posters, press, notices are displayed according to agreed company policies.
- To ensure day-to-day cleaning is completed to a high standard, monthly walk rounds with cleaners to improve standards.
- To attend any meetings as required by the owner and / or FG HQ.
- To provide leadership and presence at the studio - sets an example of behaviour and customer service standards.
Apply for Yoga Studio Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly