3 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
Do you enjoy working as part of a fast paced, passionate team? Do you enjoy helping people and want to provide great customer service? If so, this role could be for you.
What it's like to work here
Take a trip back in time to the 1760s at this spectacular Neo-classical mansion framed by historic parkland. Designed for lavish entertaining and displaying an extensive collection of paintings, sculpture and original furnishings, Kedleston is a stunning example of the work of architect Robert Adam.
Enjoy freshly-prepared local and seasonal produce in the Great Kitchen restaurant at Kedleston, where visitors can find a variety of delicious homemade treats, and tempting meals. Located in the former 18th-century kitchens, the restaurant retains all the original features which have been carefully combined with contemporary furnishings. Drawing inspiration from the contents of the hall, the restaurant offers a comfortable and cosy space to relax and unwind.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people, positive attitude and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll welcome and look after every customer who visits our catering outlet, in this predominately front of house role. Using your excellent attention to detail, you'll ensure all signage is displayed correctly and the food served looks delicious.
As a key member of our busy catering team, you may also be required to help prepare some of our food in the kitchen. In whatever role you are fulfilling within your catering outlet, the National Trust values will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, and look to maximise sales so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just ‘good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking