Personal Assistant to General Manager - St Albans, Hertfordshire
Personal Assistant to GM
Sopwell House Hotel – St Albans
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Sopwell House Hotel enables our guests to escape from it all but is still within easy reach of London, with 128 stylish bedrooms and suites including 16 Mew Apartments, exceptional service, delicious food and our opulent Spa is why Sopwell House has establ ished itself as one of the leading Hotel’s & Spa’s in Hertfordshire. Sopwell House continues to invest in it’s products and services and following the recent renovations we now have 14 beautifully appointed treatment rooms. There has never been a more exciting time to become part of the Sopwell House team as now with so many new projects to place Sopwell House as one of the best country houses in the UK.
Overall Purpose of the role
We are looking for a confident PA with a passion for excell ence to provide an efficient and professional administrative service to the General Manager. The ideal candidate will have hotel or hospitality experience and excellent communication skills, impeccable attention to detail and the ability to work without su pervision. An understanding of PR would be beneficial.
- Organise GM’s diary and arrange internal and external meetings
- Provide an efficient ‘gate keeping’ service for the General Manager and help prioritise their time in line with the n eeds of the business
- Communicate effectively with all Heads of Departments and ensure regular tasks and reports are completed on time
- Handle customer complaints in conjunction with the Heads of Department and General Manager and ensure corrective action
- Respond to Trip Advisor reviews in conjunction with the Heads of Department General Manager and provide regular updates to hotel staff
- Provide reports on customer complaints/compliments and keep efficient records
- Proficient user of Microsoft packages to enable the production of various documents including emails, letters, notes, etc.
- Distribute and organise the hotel’s incoming and outgoing post daily
- Attend and accurately take minutes for meetings as and when required
- Support sales teams with issuing Conference & Events contracts and hotel literature
- Maintain and develop efficient filing systems
The Ideal person will have :
- Previous experience as a PA
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Excellent diary management and organisational skills
- Excellent short hand or speed writing skills for minute taking and dictation
- Experience within the hospitality sector
- UK driving licence
If you have what it takes you will find your career journey with AB Hotel Group.
In return we offer excellent benefits:
- 28 days holiday + 1 Extra Holiday Day on Birthday
- Long Service Loyalty rewards
- Discounted Food and Beverage and accommodation within the AB Hotels Group
- 30% discount on Spa treatments
- 10% discount on Spa products
- Annual Tastecard & Gourmet Society card upon 1 year Service
- Childcare vouchers
- Introduce a friend at work bonus
- Annual travel pass loan
- Staff meals on duty
- Preferred Hotel Group discounted global hotel rates
If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants must have right to live and work in the UK. Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for Personal Assistant to General Manager - St Albans, Hertfordshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly