After School Swimming Teacher - Huntingdon
Kimbolton School was founded in 1600 and currently educates approximately 970 children aged 4-18 in a co-educational, predominantly day environment (Monday to Saturday), although there are approximately 50 boarders. The Senior School is located around Kimbolton Castle while the Preparatory School is housed to the west of the village on the original Grammar School site. The School employs approximately 300 staff and also owns a subsidiary company, Kimbolton School Enterprises, which transacts all non-charitable trading activity.
Kimbolton School Swimming Pool:
Our impressive modern 25 metre pool, which was opened in June 2000, offers a wide variety of public swimming and lessons through-out the year (subject to the school timetable) to the local community. The pool is also available for hire to schools and swimming clubs in the area.
Kimbolton School Swimming Pool is a RLSS Approved Lifeguard Training Centre. As an Approved Training Centre the pool undergoes regular inspection to ensure it is maintaining strict standards for lifeguard training and the teaching of NPLQ courses. In December 2014 we were awarded 100% at an external Approved Training Centre inspection for our training of lifeguards.
- To instruct and develop swimming ability to children/adults
- To supervise pupils in the lessons
- To assist/rescue pupils in difficulty (if qualified)
- To deal with customer/parental enquiries
- To follow the pool’s Normal Operating Procedures and the Swimming Teachers’ manual at all times
- To attend staff training as required by the Pool Manager
- To abide by the rules and regulations of Kimbolton School
- To administer First Aid (If qualified)
- To test/grade and write pupil reports
- To assist in the setting up/ tidying away of Pool teaching equipment
- To appraise and report on pupils in the lesson scheme
- To advise duty officer in charge of swimming to any changes of lesson registers
- To cover absences (if available) as required
- To hold an ASA Level Two, or above, Teaching Qualification
- To adhere to Kimbolton Schools Health and Safety policy
- To be responsible for the pupils safety at all times
- To liaise with the pool staff
- To be punctual
- To advise of any absences as far in advance as possible
- To wear correct uniform at all times
- Any other duties that may be reasonably required from time to time.
- To hold a current ASA level 2 swimming teacher’s qualification (or equivalent).
- To understand how to report to parents both verbally and in writing.
Holding an NPLQ or NRASTC award would be advantageous but not essential.
Terms & Conditions
Responsible to: The Pool Manager or in their absence, the Duty Officer on shift
Hours of Work: Variable primarily Mondays 15.45 to 18.15 and Fridays 16.30 to 18.30 with the possibility of additional hours being offered to include Saturdays from 09.00 to 11.00.
Remuneration: £18.80 per hour which includes holiday pay
Pension: The School offers a defined contribution pension scheme.
Referees: The names and addresses of two professional referees are required. Referees will not be contacted without the permission of the applicant.
For further details about the role and how to apply, please visit the School's website www.kimbolton.cambs.sch.uk/vacancies.
Closing Date for applications: 3rd October 2016
The post holder is required to operate within school policies and procedures, including Health and Safety. Kimbolton School is an equal opportunities employer.
Kimbolton School operates a No Smoking policy on the Estate.
Under the Guidelines Safeguarding Children: Safer Recruitment and Selection in Education Settings June 2005, Kimbolton School reserves the right to request age related information from the candidate.
Kimbolton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. It is an offence for any organisation to offer employment that involves regular contact with young people under the age of 18 to anyone who has been convicted of certain specified offences, or included on lists of people considered unsuitable for such work held by the Department of Education. It is also an offence for people convicted of such offences to apply for work with young people. The successful candidate is subject to satisfactory completion of an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This check will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information about the Disclosure scheme can be found at www.dbs.gov.uk. All employees will be expected to abide by the School’s Safeguarding Code of Conduct and will attend Safeguarding training.
To follow the schools safeguarding policy, including reporting any Child protection issues to the Designated Safeguard Lead.
A copy of the School’s Safeguarding Policy can be obtained from the school’s website www.kimbolton.cambs.sch.uk.