It’s no secret to say that this is an exciting time for Clumber Park. With visitor numbers increasing rapidly, now welcoming in excess of 600,000 visitors per year, we’re working hard by continuingly looking for new opportunities to attract even more visitors so we can raise revenue to fund our important conservation causes. We take great pride in our spirit of place message which extends to working with our Walled Kitchen Garden team to incorporate all year round produce into our menus. We’ve got a vision and a long term plan, one that’ll bring about exciting changes and growth within the catering department. All we need now is a fantastic team that’ll help us achieve it. We’re looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who’ll join us on this journey to bring our vision to life.
What it's like to work here
Clumber Park is true to its spirit as a place of recreation; there are 20 miles of cycle route and 3,800 acres of parkland, woodland and heathland. Although the mansion was demolished in 1938, many original Clumber Park estate features survive including a superb 19th-century glasshouses, which incorporate a palm house, vineries and working apiary.
We’re really proud of our Garden Tea House. Situated next to the historic Walled Kitchen Garden, this spectacular 19th century building which used to be the old head gardeners house, boasts a stunning interior complete with original fireplaces, shimmering chandeliers and its own twisted staircase. It's truly a magnificent place to work. Our team of dedicated chefs base their menu on the seasons and inspired by the spectacular surroundings. They use the finest locally sourced ingredients taking advantage of the home-grown fruits and vegetables from the on-site Walled Kitchen Garden.
At our main café visitors can enjoy a selection of our home-made cakes, biscuits and cream teas. We have a barbeque at peak times and also cater for a number of weddings throughout the year and making in-house beautiful wedding deserts. We also have a second hand book shop and a soft play areas for children which provides light refreshments, catering for all ages.
What you'll be doing
With your passion for food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you’ll work within the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious food. Using your creative skills you’ll use local produce to develop dishes unique to Clumber Park that will inspire our visitors. Working alongside the Head Chef / Catering Manager you'll ensure our menu reflects the seasons, and each dish is fresh, tasty and well-presented every time.
Being part of a kitchen team you’ll strive for a culture of exceptional service and work effectively to deliver great results. You’ll be constantly seeking and developing new income opportunities and working to achieve financial targets and increase margins by minimising waste and controlling costs and managing resources. You will ensure everyone is compliant with relevant legislation and internal processes including food hygiene and COSHH procedures.
Here at Clumber we really encourage professional development and will help you grow your own career through a range of training courses and give you the opportunity to develop these skills and support you in gaining the necessary experience you need.
This role is based on annualised hours where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone to join our dedicated team to exceed our customer’s expectations with the delicious food we prepare and serve.
You need to be;
- Passionate about food
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- A good team player
- Creative and proactive
- IT literate
And it will be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV/application;
- Experience of working in a fast paced, hospitality environment
- A track record of delivering exceptional customer service
- Practical experience of delivering catering best practice
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements including any qualifications
£7.73 ph, permanent, part time, 676 hrs per year
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking