Commis Chef - The Cornish Arms
Are you a Commis Chef looking to progress your career? If so we have the role for you in our kitchen team at The Cornish Arms in St Merryn.
As Commis Chef you will play an important role in supporting the kitchen team with food preparation. We'll provide you with the training and support that you'll need to progress your career as a chef and you'll work with fresh, quality local ingredients.
If you share our passion for great food and you'd like to progress your career as a chef we'd love to hear from you!
Reasons for you to join our team:
- You'll receive a share of tips from customers
- You can choose from full time or part time opportunities
- You'll get 20% discount in all our shops and restaurants
- We can offer support with childcare costs for those with children
- There's the option for overtime on top of your normal working hours
- We'll offer you preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- We'll offer you progression opportunities with the option to experience different styles across our restaurants
- You'll have the opportunity to be promoted within the team
- You'll be invited to summer events with Rick Stein and Jill Stein
A day in the life of a commis chef – you'll be:
- Preparing food and working with quality ingredients.
- Developing your understanding of the food being served by taking part in tastings.
- Learning about stock rotation and rotating stock as required.
- Working effectively with a team of chefs.
- Working with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to monitor stock levels.
- Continually pushing to improve your knowledge and skills.
If you'd like to join us, click the 'Apply' button to submit your full application.
We look forward to hearing from you!