Fitness Instructor (25 hours)
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Fitness Instructor for Market Drayton Swimming & Fitness Centre. Working hours will be 1 weekend in 3, including early and late shifts. You will work 25 hours per week.
Market Drayton Swimming & Fitness Centre has a range of facilities and offers a variety of activities for all ages. From fun family swim sessions and swimming lessons for children and adults to energetic aqua fit classes.
Purpose of Job / Key Objectives
To provide inspiring fitness coaching to customers and to provide advice, guidance and programming to customers on all aspects of exercise and related subjects in accordance with the IsoSpa Customer Intimacy Health and Fitness programme.
The role will require to work and assist other front of house functions; Outreach activities, dealing with all enquiries, retention trackers and aiding all other facility bookings.
* Provide clean, safe, warm, friendly and fun facilities (Inc. all related fitness areas; front of house, Changing areas and Sporting facilities)
* Provide safe, appropriate, fun and results focussed fitness coaching to customers.
* Conduct customer inductions and fitness assessments.
* Support and guide customers to set SMART exercise goals.
* Maintain full product knowledge of the services available at the centre and advise customers accordingly.
* Adopt a pro-active approach to continuous service improvement.
* Contribute to planning and marketing strategies.
* Supervise all customers to ensure the correct use of fitness training equipment.
* Commitment to maintain REPs registration and attend regular CPD training.
* Ensure that the fitness suite and relevant changing areas are kept clean and tidy
* Undertake a proactive approach to sales and contribute to delivering agreed targets
* Attractive commission structure for membership sales
* Health and Fitness Instructors will possess a recognised qualification that allows entry at REPS Level 2 (Level 3, desirable)
* Health, safety and professionalism in exercise and fitness instruction
* Excellent product knowledge and experience
* High quality customer service skills
* Excellent communication skills
* The ability to empathise and work with customers of all age groups and levels of ability
* Planning, marketing and sales promotional skills
* Experience in the fitness industry
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.