Deputy Contract Manager - National Watersports Centre
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Holme Pierrepont Country Park is home to the National Water Sports Centre in Nottinghamshire, one of the UK`s premier sporting venues and outdoor leisure attractions. Situated just 10 minutes away from Nottingham city centre, yet feels a world away, Holme Pierrepont Country Park is set in 270 acres of beautiful parkland.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Deputy Contract Manager based at National Water Sports Centre to ensure all aspects of the business are effectively managed in order to provide high quality standards of service to our customers. The post holder will provide vision and leadership to ensure that the objectives and targets of the contract are met.
* Provide strong, inspirational leadership to the contract team.
* Ensure a continuous and professional approach to staff training and development.
* Build relationships and work in partnership and with all stakeholders to ensure that the strategic objectives are achieved.
* Adopt a pro-active approach to the development of the contract ensuring continuous improvement.
* Ensure company health and safety policies and procedures are implemented & appropriate procedures are in place.
* Ensure actions are taken as a result of audits, events and performance.
* Produce a business plan for the contract and ensure the plan is monitored and updated as required, taking appropriate action if targets are not met.
* Identify and develop organic growth opportunities.
* Drive all commercial aspects of the contract including marketing and sales whilst maintaininig knowledge of competition and local demographics. .
* Ensure environmental awareness across the contract and energy management processes are in place.
* Ensure the delivery of all written reports and documentation required under the contract.
The Deputy Contract Manager will ideally possess an appropriate formal qualification, leisure related degree, diploma member of a professional body e.g. ISPAL or IRSM or be able to demonstrate industry experience applicable to general business or the leisure industry
To be able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position in:
* Business Planning and Financial Control
* Communicating/managing/negotiating at Senior level
* Management of employees in a multi-discipline environment
* Effective Business Relationship Management
* Commercial aspects of leisure management
* Operational aspects of leisure management
* Report writing
* Staff management and personnel leadership
* Communication and motivational skills
* Ability to plan effectively
* Strong partnership and relationship skills
* Analytical and financial skills
* Operational skills
* Communication, networking and customer care skills
* Ability to take a strategic approach to business
* Problem solving
Maturity and calmness when working under pressure
* High personal integrity and motivation
* A team player with excellent communication skills at all levels
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.