Membership & Visitor Welcome Manager
Have you got fantastic team leadership skills and experience of working to targets in a busy visitor environment? We’d like you to bring those skills to the biggest conservation charity in Europe. We need your help to delight our visitors every day, helping us grow our membership every year.
What's like to work here
Sizergh is an imposing medieval house situated at the gateway to the Lake District. The 1,600-acre estate includes our largest limestone rock garden and a national collection of ferns. Restoration projects within the house and garden have created opportunities in all areas, particularly within the extensive gardening operation and visitor experience. This is a lively property with a varied events programme and thriving café, and the property are looking for team members with energy and enthusiasm.
What you'll be doing
Visitors are a vital part of what we do. As a charity every penny we raise goes back into our continued conservation of our places and spaces. As the manager for the membership and visitor welcome team, you’ll lead by example, seizing all opportunities to grow our income at the visitor welcome, from promoting the benefits of our membership, to gift aid and direct debit schemes. You’ll be responsible for inspiring your team to achieve membership targets, as well as delivering your own.
You’ll coach and motivate the team to ensure a high standard of customer service. You’ll be responsible for the presentation of the visitor reception and making sure your team is always aware of what’s happening at the property that your visitors can enjoy. You’ll tell your visitors about the amazing work we do and what their money is funding.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this important role, you’ll need to have:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience of working in a retail or tourism environment
- Great people management skills
- Confidence working with sales and membership targets
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- Experience recruiting and training new team members
- Understanding of a heritage or conservation environment
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking