Night Manager - Hotel du Vin, Avon Gorge
One of europe's leading hotel brands, hotel du vin is gaining a reputation for wholehearted commitment to doing the simple things, brilliantly.
We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a truly special way, therefore we hire people from all walks of life with just one common attribute - a desire to succeed through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues.
We are growing in size and searching for talented, passionate people. If you are one too then we’d love to hear from you.
The role involves taking responsibility for the hotel during the night shift.
• You will be required to welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensure that the public areas are kept clean and tidy.
• You will be expected to assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests, valet park guests cars and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay.
• You will manage a team of night porters who direct all telephone enquiries and provide room service during the night shift.
• You must be passionate about hospitality.
• Night Managers must be organised, an excellent communicator, and a hands-on manager who has excellent attention to detail.
• Experience of working in a front office department of a similar quality hotel is required and previous experience of working with Fidelio / Opera is beneficial.
• You must have passion for hospitality and deliver service with a smile.
We are offering a competitive salary per annum /per hour and an award winning benefit package including -
• Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
• A contributory pension scheme.
• Childcare scheme.
• Employee assistance scheme.
• 31 days holiday per annum.
• Company discounts including staff rates and major high street discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder such as the Management Development Programme and the academy. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
A brewery for 300 years, we've re-incarnated this cluster of historic listed buildings to create one of the most striking hotels in Avon Gorge. Enhancing its charming, original period detail... exposed beams and brickwork... while adding our own contemporary sparkle. Take a leisurely lunch al fresco in the central courtyard or sample some hearty, seasonal dishes in our trademark bistro. Enjoy a glass of the finest fizz in the light and airy Champagne bar or your favourite tipple at the pewter topped bar, with over 600 wines to sample in the wine cellar. Visit our cosy cigar Bothy or relax on our comfy sofas for a nightcap under low beams in the Snug. You can even celebrate a private party, family celebration or wedding in a unique function room at Hotel du Vin Avon Gorge. Then escape to the sanctuary of one of our 43 beautifully furnished rooms to find a custom-made bed, hand-sprung mattress, soft Egyptian cotton bed linen, fluffy towels and robes, monsoon shower or roll top bath. Hotel du Vin Avon Gorge - come mess about on the river.