Grocery Category Manager - Bourne Leisure Support Centre - Hemel Hempstead
6 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Do you want a career in Retail, working for The Times 4th Best Big Company in the UK?
Haven is currently looking for a Grocery Category Manager to join our Retail Team.
As Grocery Category Manager I am responsible for:
- The Grocery/Food category within our on-site supermarkets
- Ensuring that our park teams have all the tools they need to maximise sales and give our customers a great retail experience while on our parks
- Building relationships with our park teams; this role needs somebody who is mainly office based but also able to get out and about and visit our parks to really engage with our shops managers
- Supplier management: building relationships with suppliers to ensure they are aligned to our buying strategy and are performing consistently
- Product development and sourcing:requesting and consolidating information, evaluating sources of supply and establishing order processes and routines
- Full category analysis and strategy
- Range selection and management; ensuring our ranges reflect customer requirements and expectations
- General maintenance of the range; additions, deletions, price changes
- Monitoring and communicating stock movement; consider markdowns, promotions or clearance
- Analysing past sales figures/trends to anticipate future product needs
- Maintaining the accuracy & integrity of the information provided to internal departments and external suppliers
- Initiate and support with ad hoc development projects & trials
- Management of intranet postings for retail
- Use the retail proposition to generate engagement with our customers through all channels
- Assess product performance and drive commercial actions through regular trade analysis
As Grocery Category Manager I will have the following attributes:
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy, even in situations with short time frames
- Able to build strong working relationships with all team members, both at Hemel and on the parks
- Behave with integrity and can be trusted at all times
- A self-starter: learns through 'experience' and is resourceful and inquisitive
- Super organised - with 37 parks to support and co-ordinate an ability to create order and structure is essential
- Able to drive - this role involves getting out to park to experience what we're all about, as well as building some great relationships with our park teams
- Strong communication skills; you'll regularly be in conversation with team members and heads of departments who work across all areas of our caravan parks business.
- Strong Time Management: good at managing own time and priorities to achieve business goals
- Commercial awareness: a good understanding of the market place, the customer and the economy to enable you to make informed decisions
- Confident:able to communicate with and influence your direct team, other internal teams, suppliers and senior management
- Resilient under pressure:things can change very quickly and you will need to meet deadlines and make sound decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The benefits of working with us:
- Free use of many of the Park facilities and discounts off our food and retail outlets.
- Discounted Bourne Leisure holidays for you, your family and friends.
- Reward and recognition schemes including long service and team member of the month.
- Externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress.