It’s no secret to say that this is an exciting time for Clumber Park. With visitor numbers increasing rapidly, now welcoming in excess of 600,000 visitors per year, we’re working hard by continuingly looking for new opportunities to attract even more visitors so we can raise revenue to fund our important conservation causes. We take great pride in our spirit of place message which extends to working with our Walled Kitchen Garden team to incorporate all year round produce into our menus. We’ve got a vision and a long term plan, one that’ll bring about exciting changes and growth within the catering department. All we need now is a fantastic team that’ll help us achieve it. We’re looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who’ll join us on this journey to bring our vision to life.
What it's like to work here
Clumber Park is true to its spirit as a place of recreation; there are 20 miles of cycle route and 3,800 acres of parkland, woodland and heathland. Although the mansion was demolished in 1938, many original Clumber Park estate features survive including a superb 19th-century glasshouses, which incorporate a palm house, vineries and working apiary.
We’re really proud of our Garden Tea House. Situated next to the historic Walled Kitchen Garden, this spectacular 19th century building which used to be the old head gardeners house, boasts a stunning interior complete with original fireplaces, shimmering chandeliers and its own twisted staircase. It's truly a magnificent place to work. Our team of dedicated chefs base their menu on the seasons and inspired by the spectacular surroundings. They use the finest locally sourced ingredients taking advantage of the home-grown fruits and vegetables from the on-site Walled Kitchen Garden.
At our main café visitors can enjoy a selection of our home-made cakes, biscuits and cream teas. We have a barbeque at peak times and also cater for a number of weddings throughout the year and making in-house beautiful wedding deserts. We also have a second hand book shop and a soft play areas for children which provides light refreshments, catering for all ages.
Please note: previous catering experience is not required as training will be provided.
What you'll be doing
Please note we have the following contracts available below:
Catering Assistant – 16 hours - £7.20 ph
Catering Assistant – 676 annualised hours a year - £4,867 per annum *
* This role is based on annualised hours where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
With your love of working with people, positive attitude and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll welcome and look after every customer who visits our catering outlet, in this predominately front of house role. Using your excellent attention to detail, you'll ensure all signage is displayed correctly and the food served looks delicious.
As a key member of our busy catering team, you may also be required to help prepare some of our food in the kitchen. In whatever role you are fulfilling within your catering outlet, the National Trust values will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, and look to maximise sales so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Here at Clumber we really encourage professional development and will help you grow your own career through a range of training courses and give you the opportunity to develop these skills and support you in gaining the necessary experience you need.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just ‘good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
And it would be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your application;
- Experience in a customer facing or catering role
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirement
£5,990 pa, permanent, part time 16 hours per week
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking