Meeting and Events Operations Manager - Brighton
The Role of Meetings and Event Manager is KEY to the success of the hotel. Therefore we require an enthusiastic dynamic member of the management team who is hands on when required.
What is the job all about?
- To supervise the quality of services offered to customers, in terms both of production and service
- To recruit, manage and motivate the members of your team
- To ensure that the brand standards are applied
- To ensure that health and safety rules are applied and respected
- To control and manage the staff cafeteria
- Handles requests for a variety of events from conferences to weddings, banquets to meetings.
- Identifies precisely the requirements and expectations of the customer
- Prepares costed proposals and confirms reservations
- Passes on detailed instructions to various departments e.g. Food & Beverage, Reception , Kitchen
The Old Ship Hotel Brighton is the oldest hotel in Britain today dating back to 1559. It is a historic Georgian hotel standing proudly on Brighton's seafront in one of Brighton's most impressive venues. This picturesque hotel enjoys a sublime location just a short walk from the beach, pier and the city's fine pubs, restaurants and shops.
Its beautifully distinctive white facade leads into a modern welcoming lounge area and 154 en suite bedrooms.
Because of its fine location and close proximity to all of Brighton's main tourist and commercial sites the Old Ship Hotel is a great choice for guests of business or leisure. Brighton is well known for its conferences, situated just a short walk away from the Brighton Centre and just a 5 minute walk from Brighton Pier, The Lanes and the city’s bars and restaurants.
Please send cover letter with Salary Expectations