Supervisor - Heathrow
Effectively manage the Spirit Health Club to maintain brand standards, and achieve budget and other agreed objectives.
Promote the desired work culture around our Winning Ways; Do the right thing, Show we care, Aim higher, Celebrate difference and Work better together in order to create “Great Hotels Guests Love”.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
- Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
- Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
- Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Approach Spirit Health Club branding in a positive and ‘can do’ manner.
- Instill brand values and standards into staff so they fully understand and believe in the brand.
- Maintain brand standards on a day to day basis.
- Contribute to brand review, so brand remains relevant and appropriate to customer needs.
- Screen all potential Spirit Health Club users using company approved procedures, to spot risk factors and identify objectives.
- Conduct Company approved fitness tests and interprets for members.
- Prescribe programmes that enhance member’s lifestyles, and promote behaviour change.
- Design and deliver a programme of classes that meets member’s needs, and brand standards.
- Instruct members in the use of facilities and gym equipment, so it is safe, fun and beneficial.
- Fully utilise computerised systems - in line with company guidelines.
- Constantly monitor Spirit Health Club competitors, using information to recommend changes to Sprit Health Club strategies.
- Liaise with General Manager over best approaches to marketing, and monitor success of each initiative.
- Handle all enquiries and sales tours professionally and skillfully aiming to maximise conversions.
- Manage the membership enquiry system, fully utilising it in line with guidelines.
- Manage MRM system effectively, again in line with MRM guidelines.
- Constantly review membership mix, rates, Direct Debit % to ensure optimum.
- Maintain retention at agreed levels, and monitor non renewals, action as appropriate.
- Drive all retail activities in Spirit Health club (including beauty, sports retail, food and beverage) ensuring effective marketing, sales promotion, sales and after sales service.
- Drive all other secondary spend activities in Spirit Health Club (including personal training, guest fees, class income) ensuring effective marketing, sales promotion, sales and after sales service.
- Achieve Spirit Health Club Gross Operating Profit targets.
To assist in
- review of the annual budget and identify short term objectives to achieve targets
- Establish and attain key business objectives relating to all areas of Sprit Health Club performance.
- Review financial performance on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, take remedial action as appropriate.Provide accurate weekly and monthly figures as requested by General Manager, and submit by deadlines.
- Recruit staff who reflect Spirit Health Club standards in line with company procedures.
- Induct staff thoroughly, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of the company, the Spirit Health Club, and customers, their role and your expectations.
- Train staff, utilising company courses, so they perform to company expectations.
- Develop staff, so they can progress within the company, and fulfill career aspirations.
- Review performance regularly; 5 days, 6 weeks and 12 weeks initially linked to personal learning file, and then a minimum of 6 monthly performance reviews.
- Catch staff doing something right - engender a positive atmosphere where staff want to, and can do, well.
- Handle poor performers, coaching initially and using formal procedures if no improvement.
- Treat staff fairly and consistently, using the disciplinary procedure for instances of misconduct.
- Comply with Spiritandhotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programmes and maximise opportunities for self development.
- To maintain the appropriate attitude and physique to reflect and promote the image of Spirit Health Club Assume responsibility for the daily administration of the club and constantly review the efficiency of the systems in place.
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
- Familiarise yourself with our winning ways which link to the desired behaviours that we expect all our employees to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- Represent Company in professional manner at all times.
- Maintain regular and positive communication with General Managers and key Head Office personnel.
- Foster positive links with other Spirit Health Club Managers, to encourage mutual support and exchange of ideas.
- Undertake and achieve specific objectives as agreed with General Manager and central Spirit team.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:-
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the health club industry/hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
- To assist in the promotion of the health club/hotel (and IHG generally) by being involved in a variety of activities, in accordance with the budget set by the Spirit Health Club Manager.
- To assist in the sales of accessories in the Spirit Health Club.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all health clubs and IHG hotels in your region.
- Develop extra activities and events such as circuits, aqua-aerobics, running club etc.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager.
- Assist in the maintenance of all facility equipment and carry out minor repair work
- Assist in the monitoring and control of the pool and spa in relation to those standards as given in the Maintenance / Pool & Spa Manuals
- Assume responsibility for the highest standards of hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness in the Spirit Health club.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Background / Experience
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Willingness to learn First Aid at Work and Pool Attendant Qualification
- Willingness and ability to swim
- Ability to manage team
- 3 Year’s Previous experience of a management/supervisory role
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Ordered Approach
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- Pool Attendant qualification
- Level 3 membership of the Register of Exercise Professionals
- Experience in Health & Fitness industry
- NVQ/degree (or equivalent) in health & Fitness
- Carry out instructions
- Desire and ability to learn
- Able to ask for help
- Assist others within and outside of immediate department
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to give instruction and direction
- Ability to clean
- Ability to restock
- Ability to plan and prioritise
- Ability to organise self
- Able to multi-task
- Flexible & adaptable
- Ability to build rapport
- Attention to detail
- Listening Skills
- Counselling skills
- Manual Dexterity
- Coaching skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Sales Techniques
- Ability to work without supervision
- Customer Focused / Can-do
- Understanding the internal and external customer needs
- Anticipate customer needs
- Open to new ideas
- Cultural Awareness
- Willingness to learn about the Hotel/ Spirit standards /products and services
- Literate in Computer Technology
- Understanding of the Hotel / Health & Fitness Industry standards, and Spirit Health Club policies and procedures
Apply for Supervisor - Heathrow
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly