Commis Chef - London
The Commis Chef is responsible to assist in the preparation and service and food for guests and staff under the supervision of the Head Chef/Sous Chef by:
- Assist the Senior Chef on duty with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items whilst adhering to all Health and Food Safety areas of “Due Diligence” as laid out by management in the Pizarro Restaurant’s Health & Safety and Food Safety policies.
- Demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our members.
- Has the ambition to succeed shows willingness to work and learn everything possible in your time at Pizarro Restaurant.
- Assist the Head Chef and the rest of the team to maintain quality, standards and cleanliness required.
- Able to work hours required and section assigned to by the Head Chef.
- Compliance with food hygiene, Health and Safety, COSHH and other operational policies at Pizarro Restaurant.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To bring a positive attitude to teamwork, contributing to the smooth running of the restaurant and interacting productively with other departments.
- To be punctual for work and report directly to the manager on duty on arrival in the kitchen.
- To comply with any reasonable request from your superiors
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
- To attend training and meeting sessions as required by the company.
Hygiene and Food Safety
- To keep high standards of cleanliness on section where employed, also to assist in any job regarding hygiene or cleanliness asked by a senior chef.
- Work in a clean, tidy manner in order to present the best image to customers.
- Adhere to the highest food hygiene and safety standards at all times.
- To keep high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform, and overall camaraderie.
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
- To carry out daily and weekly procedures, including temperature checks, food labelling/dating and storage
- To have an understanding of menu planning, the implementation of stock controls, the importance of good stock management, and how this enables the kitchen to meet gross profit
- To be familiar with the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated
- To prepare, cook and serve food delegated as your responsibility, ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times under guidance from chef de partie, a senior chef and then head chef.
- To carry out and assist in the smooth running of the kitchen
- To assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement.
- To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results.
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department
- To ensure stock is controlled and rotated. Accept and store deliveries
- To ensure that mis en place is completed in your section.
- To Assist on other sections or help with other duties when the kitchen is short staffed, in emergencies, and/or when numbers of covers require.
Managing Director/Executive Chef: Senior Manager
Head Chef/ Sous Chefs: Line Manager
FOH/BOH Team: Working collaboratively to provide quality service to Pizarro Restaurant’s customers
Restaurant Administrator: Contact in regards to paperwork/documentation of Pizarro Restaurant’s internal operations.
HR Advisor: Contact in regards of relevant paperwork for employment T&Cs, advice and guidance with any aspects of the employment cycle at Pizarro Restaurant.
These describe the behaviour you will need to demonstrate to carry out your job effectively.
- To maintain a high customer awareness by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
- To be motivated and committed to your personal development, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance
- To be adaptable, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements, which may mean getting involved in procedures that are not normally part of your day-to-day responsibilities.
- To maintain high level of teamwork by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department and restaurant goals. To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues
- To ensure that the quantity of work is sufficiently productive under the normal business levels.
Apply for Commis Chef - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly