Swimming Manager (Wilmslow)
Working closely with the Regional Manager you will be responsible for the smooth day-to-day running of the pool and delivery of swimming lessons. You will be a Role Model to other Instructors with the ability to lead and motivate a team to the highest standards. You must hold a Level 2 ASA Swimming Teaching Qualification and an excellent swimming teacher yourself. You will be able to train swimming new and existing swimming instructors and be a confident and approachable Manager. The successful candidate will have a pro-active approach to customer service and be a constructive and fully involved member of the team.
People & Pool Management
- Monitor staff arrival times, behaviour, teaching quality and uniform standards
- Providing visible leadership to facility staff, ensuring they are motivated and operate at high levels of both performance and efficiency
- Develop communication between instructors and cultivate a lively, caring and trusting work environment, with a highly motivated team
- Monitor conduct and capability to ensure teaching excellence and adherence to Swimming Nature policies
- Recognise, encourage and reward good performance.
- Ensure instructors are complaint and responsible for their accreditation
- Dealing with poolside problems as they arise and follow up later, and report pool conditions and water quality and handle any issues arising out of it.
- Oversee correct storage, handling of pool equipment and maintenance of changing rooms
- Teach swimming to the requirements of the schedule and cover as and when required in cases of absence.
Customer Service and Business Improvement
- Responsible for handling all new bookings and renewals
- Deal with all customer service issues as they arise in an organised and timely fashion at the venue
- Leading by example in providing excellent customer service
- Work closely with different departments at the Head Office (Sales, Training, HR and Customer Service)
- Ensure customers adhere to the venue etiquette at all times
- Assist and support in the retention of students and review and plan pool usage to maximise business opportunities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with venue management and their teams and liaise with senior management team about any other opportunity that may arise
Health and Safety
- Ensure that you and your team fully understand the NOP and EAP of the venue
- Produce a regular risk assessment at the venue
- Ensure that the Safeguarding and Protecting Children Policy and Procedure manual is adhered to by yourself and all Instructors
- Ensure all Instructors are familiar with the Health and Safety policy
- Work with the venue manager to ensure fully compliant in the above.
- Be responsible for inducting new staff at the venue
We are keen to hear from experienced Swimming Instructors or Coordinators who want to take on the challenge of delivering swimming in this health club.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to: Leesa Aulfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us for further information on: 020 7625 0301
Apply for Swimming Manager (Wilmslow)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly