Sports & Community Development Officer
Our Sports and Community Development Officers help get the community involved with sport and physical activity. A key player on the division’s Sports and Community Development team, as the Sports and Community Development Officer you will be responsible for engaging with relevant local organisations, organising and delivering a range of activities and services and driving overall participation at local centres.
This specific role will be responsible as project coordinator for the City of London's well established Young at Heart programme, targeting specifically the older adult age group in the City of London. Additionally the position will include managing the City workers programmes and will be the lead for the Adult Sport and Physical Activity provision across the City of London.
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced environment.
The successful Sports and Community Development Officer will have:
- A degree in sports development, related programme of study or suitable experience
- Experience planning and delivering sports and community development activities within a multi-site business
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of relevant sports and leisure agendas
- Knowledge of healthy living concepts and ideals
- Good communication and computer skills
- Understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities and managing diversity
The benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion team member include:
- 22 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Gym membership
- Personal mobile phone discount
- Pension Scheme
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay
- And more.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.