Conference and Events Bar Host - Milton Keynes
Conference and Events Bar Host - Doubletree by Hilton Milton Keynes
Job Description and Person Specification
Position: C&E Bar Host
Department: C&E Operations
Reporting to: C&E Operations Manager
Salary: £6.70 - £7.20 per hour
Hours per week: Non-contracted
Overall Objective: To assist in the smooth running of bars in Conference and Events Department
- To assist in delivering bar service to the hotels specification.
- To ensure that all instructions set out by team leaders and supervisors are met.
- To ensure that all event agendas and event briefs are met.
- To ensure all customers are served food and drinks as ordered.
Summary of Duties
- To ensure complete customer satisfaction, including setting rooms, clearing glasses, stocking fridges, bar service, and bar cleaning.
- To actively work and liaise with others within the department and other business areas to ensure the needs of our clients are met.
- To ensure that events are properly serviced and refreshments are delivered within agreed event agendas.
- To adhere to all Hilton Brand Standards, policy and procedures including hygiene and health and safety, and legislation around licensing and food safety.
- To ensure that relevant information is passed onto team leaders, supervisors, and managers.
- To actively resolve any customer queries or issues and report these to the line manager.
- Strong Bar Experience
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of or interest in the hospitality industry.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good command of the English language.
- Good timekeeping.
- Experience within food and beverage, events, or a busy hospitality operation.
- Experience of Micros till systems.
- Problem solving skills.
- Willingness to develop into a Team Leader.
This job involves long periods of standing and walking, and will also include the carrying of heavy items from time to time.
Closing Date: 12th November