Trainee Deputy Manager - George & Dragon, Thames Ditton
Pub/Hotel: George & Dragon, Thames Ditton
Dedicated and enthusiastic Deputy Manager required.
The George & Dragon in Thames Ditton is looking for a Trainee Assistant/Deputy Manager to join our existing management team on a full time and permanent basis.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of 60 managed houses in the London and the South East; the George & Dragon is set close to the River Thames and village cricket green, just minutes from Hampton Court Palace. We are a community based pub at the heart of the town and we pride ourselves on serving quality food and drink together with providing outstanding levels of customer service on the front line.
We need an enthusiastic Trainee Assistant/Deputy Manager that has first class communication skills, some form of previous team lead or supervisory experience and bags of personality. If you are ready to take your skills to the next level, we can provide you with the support and our management first training scheme to get you there.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reporting into the GM and Assistant Manager you will be trained to take complete ownership of the site in their absence.
- You will oversee all departments and their teams to include the bar, restaurant and hotel areas.
- Operationally you will ensure first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards are maintained and that customer expectations are met.
- As part of the management team you will train and work towards the company business and financial targets undertaking stock management, administrative and daily banking duties as required.
- You will be trained in the in-house Reslynx system in order to handle customer accommodation enquiries and bookings.
- Once trained, you will be responsible for all licencing legislation and health and safety requirements whilst on site.
- Longer term you will support the staff recruitment, management, training and development for a small team of staff.
- Minimum one year’s team lead or supervisory experience in ideally the hospitality or customer service sector.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to engage, train and motivate a team of staff.
- First class customer service, health and safety and service standards.
- Ideally you will be conversant in all aspects of cellar management, but full training will be provided.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector with the desire to develop to management.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
If you think you have the skills, enthusiasm and dedication required to undertake this role please apply online with your CV now.
Please note that this is a live out role.