Lead Chef for busy pub kitchen - The Star Inn, Guildford
Pub/Hotel: The Star Inn, Guildford
Dedicated and reliable chef required
Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Chef to take on the running of our busy pub kitchen at the Star, Guildford.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in the London and the South East; the Star is a traditional pub that prides ourselves on offering our customers a quality pub style menu together with a great level of customer service.
This hands on role will see you working alone 4 days out of 5 a week and overseeing the part time chef at weekends. Working to company brand guidelines, you will undertake all duties to include food preparation, cooking and the portering whilst on shift.
This post will see you working approximately 40-50 hours per week, and we only serve food from12.00-19.00 Monday to Saturday and 12.00-16.00 on Sundays.
- Minimum one year’s experience working within a busy kitchen.
- The ability to oversee the day to day running of the kitchen and one other part time chef.
- Previous experience of stock ordering, rotation and management.
- The desire to help develop menus and drive the business forward in the long term.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- Pay rate is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.