Head Housekeeper - The Ostrich Inn, Colnbrook
Pub/Hotel: The Ostrich Inn, Colnbrook
Experienced Housekeeping manager or supervisor required
Due to our exciting development and the introduction of our new guest accommodation at the end of summer 2016, the Ostrich Inn is looking for an experienced (Head Housekeeper/Housekeeping Manager/Supervisor) to join assistant manager to join our team.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in London and the South East, the Ostrich is a traditional coaching inn that sat in great proximity to Heathrow Airport in Colnbrook, nr Slough, West Berkshire.
This role will see you working five days a week, full time hours between 11.00- 14.00 on a rotating shifts pattern, to include some weekends.
Role & Responsibilities:
- You will oversee our housekeeping department maintaining the overall cleanliness standards across the hotel accommodation and public areas.
- Undertaking daily spot checks on serviced bedrooms.
- You will manage the weekly housekeeping rota in line with business demand.
- All aspects of stock control and ordering.
- The support and training of the housekeeping team where required.
- You will be responsible for reporting any maintenance and safety issues to the maintenance team and ensuring that all works are carried out.
- This role is also hands on, so you will also be required to undertake some daily cleaning duties to include dusting, polishing, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming floors, etc.
- Previous experience in a housekeeping/cleaning supervisor’s role is preferred.
- Previous experience of leading and motivating a team is required.
- First class cleanliness and quality standards.
- You must have a keen eye for detail.
- Great customer service skills are required.
- You must be honest and trustworthy.
- We need great team players that are hardworking and reliable.
- Candidates must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
Please apply online or pop in and see us for an application form now.