Receptionist - Hotel du Vin Edinburgh
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
We’re rightly proud of our hotel and friendly, informative teams of staff who love looking after all of our guests to suit their individual needs. As a Receptionist you will take responsibility for welcoming our guests to the hotel in a warm and helpful manner. You will be required to check in and out our guests ensuring that all requirements are met during their stay. You will be expected to be a point of contact for our guests should they have any queries, answering the telephone and providing assistance. You must be able to provide amazing hospitality for our guests and be a part of the guest experience. Receptionists must be passionate about hospitality and delivering amazing service to our guests. Experience in a similar quality hotel is beneficial but not necessary; however, service with a smile and personality is a must.
Nestled deep in Edinburgh's Old Town this hotel in Edinburgh city centre was a former city asylum. Hotel du Vin and Bistro Edinburgh offers 47 timelessly styled bedrooms and suites, a trademark bistro and mezzanine bar, unique events rooms for business or private dining, cigar bothy, whisky snug, intriguing Laroche tasting room and an outstanding wine cellar. The historic capital has a wealth of iconic sites to visit, great shopping and of course, true Scottish hospitality. Just moments from the Royal Mile with the castle at the top and the Palace of Holyroodhouse at its foot, the recently reopened National Museum of Scotland and beside the open parkland of the meadows.