Meeting & Events Co-ordinator - Malmaison Birmingham
From our iconic buildings to the iconic dishes on our Brasserie menu, we dare to be different from other UK hotels. Our 12 exciting city centre hotels put our guests at the heart of the action, whether they're visiting for business or pleasure.
Malmaison is here to cater for those who demand something different. People who are looking for a stylish stay, daring dining or an impressive events venue. Depending on which Malmaison you choose, you may check in to a converted castle prison, hospital or even a royal mail sorting office. But the difference doesn't stop there. Each location is designed with flair and imagination, with sumptuous accommodation and daring touches around every corner.
And our team's unbridled passion for big events has made Malmaison one of the most popular choices for UK wedding venues.
Malmaison's 12 UK boutique hotels dare to be different.
Malmaison are one of Europe's leading hotel brands gaining a reputation for being at the cutting edge of hospitality today. We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a different way. We select our people from all walks of life but with one common thread, a desire to succeed in life through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues. We are growing in size and are in the search for the best talented people on the market, if you have these attributes and they are in your heart then we would love to hear from you.
The role involves taking responsibility for all enquires relating to private dining, meetings and events within the hotel.
Meetings and Events Co-ordinator:
• You will be required to take bookings in a friendly and helpful manner, communicating with guests to ensure all details are collected and that all requirements can be met during their meeting or event.
• You will be expected to answer any queries, organise special requests and communicate with all other departments of the hotel to ensure that the function sheets are accurate and up to date.
• You must be passionate about hospitality and delivering amazing service to our guests.
• Meetings and Events Co-ordinator must be organized, an excellent communicator, and hands-on, with excellent attention to detail.
• Experience in a similar quality hotel is beneficial but not necessary, however, service with a smile and personality is a must.
We are offering a competitive salary per annum /per hour and an award winning benefit package including -
• Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
• A contributory pension scheme.
• Childcare scheme.
• Employee assistance scheme.
• 31 days holiday per annum.
• Company discounts including staff rates and major high street discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
After a hard day's retail therapy in Birmingham's shopping centres, you can sit back and enjoy a classic cocktail in our brand new Chez Mal Bar. Here, you'll find everything from fantastic wines and champagnes to ice-cold beers and refreshing cocktails mixed by our talented staff. In the Chez Mal Brasserie, British and French-inspired tastes meet our locally sourced blackboard specials, and you can tuck into Mal classics like mouth-watering steak frites and famous Malburgers. One of the most popular inner city hotels in Birmingham, we specialise in delivering good value and style; and whether you've visiting for work or enjoying a weekend break in the city, with Malmaison you're well and truly sorted!