Commis Chef - Birmingham
Commis Chef - Hotel du Vin, Birmingham
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
Get a taste for the Kitchen… Begin a beautiful friendship and start your cooking career with us. Responsible for the general mis en place in the kitchen, a Commis Chef will be required to assist the kitchen brigade in the day to day running of the kitchen preparing food to the highest standard. Our menus include a la carte, daily specials and our dishes allow us the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products. Commis Chefs must be passionate about food and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
Step into the welcoming open-air courtyard at the heart of our Birmingham hotel, with its retractable roof and sculptures for a wonderfully lazy al fresco lunch. Enjoy an aperitif or unwind with a nightcap in the deep sofas of the ornate Bubble Lounge Bar. Dine in the candle-lit splendour of our trademark Bistro, serving French classics with a distinctly British twist. Explore our extensive wine and Champagne list: with over 40 to choose from, there's always a fizz to match your mood. Head underground to the vaulted Pub du Vin and join the locals for great ales and good honest grub - done du Vin-style, of course. Keep things private (for work or play) in one of four stunning and unique function rooms. Pick up the pace in our fitness club, or wind down in the spa with a sauna, steam or indulgent treatment, then hit the hay in one of 66 bedrooms and suites to discover comfy custom made beds, crisp white Egyptian bed linen, huge fluffy towels, monsoon-like showers and oversized scroll -top baths. As a local might say, it's 'bostin'.