General Manager – The Robert Gillow – Lancaster
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
Are you a talented manager or management couple? Do you have exceptional craft and cask expertise and knowledge? Do you have excellent standards and enjoy making a business a success. We may have the perfect role for you.
We are now looking to recruit to our management team at The Robert Gillow in Lancaster to enhance our strong team, and help us be the best at what we do.
The Robert Gillow will undergo a repositioning in terms of the consumer offer in later October 2016. With a mix of traditional favourites and the introduction of some world favourites we aim to provide todays customers with a traditional yet unique style of operation.
This is a fantastic city centre location, in the heart of the shopping area and student circuit, in Lancaster. It is the perfect opportunity for you to be a part of the local community whilst building a new customer base at this site.
Upstairs the site also comes with attractive accommodation providing 2 double bedrooms and an office space. There is also a parking space within the town centre. This is all provided as a benefit for the successful candidate.
The General Manager is a key role in making the Robert Gillow a success.
With this in mind you need to be something special. It goes without saying that you’ll have the basics and a genuine commitment to hospitality
- You have previous experience of managing a wet led cask ale site with average weekly net takings of £10K a week.
- Craft and Cask ale knowledge
- You have previous experience of managing a small food offering
- You are super organised, you have tight control on cash and tills, manage your controllable costs, and your returns are always impeccable and returned on time
- You actively control and achieve your targeted wet & dry GP
- You accurately forecast your payroll and stay within budget
- You actively comply with H&S requirements including fire procedures, food hygiene and record keeping
What will set you apart from the crowd is:
- Your analysis of all the data at your disposal
- Your ability to harness the power of social media and other digital tools to market your business
- Your knack of recruiting the right staff and motivating them to perform to your very high standards (even when you’re not around!)
- Your knowledge of beer and the beer market
But what defines you is your love of the little details, which is crucial to us as it’s the details that turns a great pub into the best pub!
If you feel you’ve got the ability to really make a difference in this role and are excited by the prospect of joining a leading regional brewer and pub retailer the opportunities are endless.
We make sure of one thing, our pub managers receive the necessary support and recognition to ensure their motivation and the success of their site.
This is a live-in role with free accommodation and bills other than council tax and TV licence which must be paid by the Manager
- Salary – £26,000 per annum plus competitive benefits package including a bonus plan
- Private Health Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement
- 50% discount at some of managed food houses upon completion of your Hydes mandatory training.