General Manager – The Hanging Gate – Macclesfield
General Manager – The Hanging Gate – Higher Sutton
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
Are you a talented manager or management couple? Do you have exceptional craft and cask expertise and knowledge? Do you have excellent standards and enjoy making a business a success. We may have the perfect role for you.
We are now looking to recruit to our management team at The Friendship in Fallowfield, to enhance our strong team, and help us be the best at what we do, and ensure ‘excellence is a habit’.
This legendary Country Inn has some of the most stunning views of Cheshire and the Peak District. Inside and you‘ll be further captivated by quaint features such as real fires, stone floors ceilings with low beams. Offering well-kept ales, great wines and a superb range of freshly prepared dishes the Hanging Gate offers everything you would expect in a wonderful historic Inn. The site also hosts walkers and destination visitors.
The General Manager is a key role in making the Hanging Gate a success.
With this in mind you need to be something special. It goes without saying that you’ll have the basics
- You have previous experience of managing a fresh, food led pub with average weekly net takings of £5K
- You have previous experience of managing a small destination site
- You will have experience of running and producing a steady food offer yet have the ability to add that twist to the menu – that keeps customers interested
- You are super organised, you have tight control on cash and tills, manage your controllable costs, and your returns are always impeccable and returned on time
- You actively control and achieve your targeted wet & dry GP
- You accurately forecast your payroll and stay within budget
- You actively comply with H&S requirements including fire procedures, food hygiene and record keeping
What will set you apart from the crowd is:
- You will be a great host and networker
- You can quickly establish yourself as part of the community and quickly become involved in the student and local area
- Your ability to harness the power of social media and other digital tools to market your business
- Your knack of recruiting the right staff and motivating them to perform to your very high standards (even when you’re not around!)
- You are a stickler for detail and lead by example to ensure that service standards are amazing at all times
But what defines you is your love of the little details, which is crucial to us as it’s the details that turns a great pub into the best pub!
If you feel you’ve got the ability to really make a difference in this role and are excited by the prospect of joining a leading regional brewer and pub retailer the opportunities are endless.
We make sure of one thing, our pub managers receive the necessary support and recognition to ensure their motivation and the success of their site.
This is a live-in role with free accommodation and bills other than council tax and TV licence which must be paid by the Manager
- Salary – Circa £28,000 per annum plus competitive benefits package including a bonus plan
- Private Health Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement
- 50% discount on some of our food houses on completion of your mandatory online courses