Head Chef - Major Refurb - Fickle Mermaid, Chapel En Le Frith
The Fickle Mermaid is scheduled to have a major capex in the next few months to transition into a new brand! This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join us on this very exciting journey!
This pub currently operates under our Milestone Rotisserie format which is proving to be increasingly popular with our customers. It offers an extensive pub restaurant menu with all of the usual favourites, alongside a fresh chicken rotisserie offering mouth-watering, spit roasted chicken throughout the day. It is a high volume, food-led outlet with a focus on family friendly values. Catering to a large variety of tastes and preferences, whilst keeping an emphasis on service and quality makes this pub a popular choice with locals and visitors alike.
The Ideal Candidate
As an experienced and talented chef, with a flair for presentation and a stickler for quality, you’ll know all there is to know about running a busy kitchen in similar high volume food led business. From online ordering and controlling stock, through portion and wastage control, to a sound knowledge of food safety and hygiene, as well as managing and developing the team – your contribution will certainly count.
Marston’s PLC is a leading independent pub retailing and brewing business. We are a truly national operator with over 1,700 pubs and 5 breweries situated throughout the UK. We are also the market leader in the development of new pub restaurants having invested over £140 million within the last 5 years to build over 100 new outlets! And that’s not all… we’ve also continued to invest heavily in our existing pubs, undertaking major refurbishments and evolving our formats and we plan to open up to 30 new sites each year.
The Benefits and Rewards
At Marston’s we offer a reward and benefits package designed to give some food for thought, whilst fully reflecting your performance and endeavour. For any Head Chef who can add to our growing reputation for serving top quality food and drink, then this is just a taste of what you can expect:
- A competitive hourly salary
- The chance to work in a fun and friendly environment
- 20% Discount Card* (across our managed estate) & 30% discount at work
- Childcare voucher, stakeholder pension & save as you earn schemes (after a qualifying period)
- Marston’s R£wards online discount scheme
- Long service awards
As a Chef at Marston’s, you will be able to take advantage of our Chef Development Programme, which is designed to help every member of the kitchen team develop their skills.
- From kitchen entry level, right through to Head Chefs or anywhere in between – the programme can help develop your knowledge and skills
- A blend of on-site training, practical kitchen sessions and self-learning
- Areas covered include health, safety and food hygiene, preparation skills, essential cooking processes and procedures, communication and cook line skills
- Three levels to the programme: Line Chef, Second Chef and Head Chef