IT Administrator - The Langham, London
7 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
We are currently seeking to recruit a true hospitality professional, with the flair to deliver service at the highest level, in the position of an IT Administrator.
As an IT Administrator you will be working closely with the Information Systems Manager in order to provide support to all hotel guests, operational departments and back of house colleagues; managing support, workstations/computers/laptops, all hotel systems/servers/infrastructure and assist with any relevant projects.
The primary responsibilities of this role are of a System / Network Administrator. To provision hardware and software; configure LAN connectivity; set up accounts; and resolve technical problems for end users.
Key duties connected with the role of an IT Administrator are as follows:
- To ensure all Information Systems run efficiently at all times; these systems include but are not limited to Oracle products Opera and Micros 9700, Newmarket’s Delphi and Market Vision, Concept Spa, Sun Accounts, Kronos, Microsoft Servers 2003/2008/2012, Exchange Server 2010; along with many bespoke products and interfaces which are hotel specific.
- Investigate and resolve software and hardware problems of servers, guests and colleagues.
- Provide 24x7 first line support (via on-call rota with other member of the IT department) via telephone, email, remotely and in-person via the standard operating procedures and ticket logging process with a view to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
- Attend to guest needs as required. Including, assistance and providing advice on accessing high speed internet from Wi-Fi, wired in admin areas, guest bedrooms and conference rooms, connecting network data points, analogue phone lines as requested.
- Identify/determine via troubleshooting whether the problem is caused by hardware, such as workstation, printer, cables or telephone.
- Be able to think outside of the box, be creative and not afraid to investigate and evaluate new technologies or solutions which will benefit both guests and colleagues.
- Liaising with relevant software and hardware support lines to request service regarding defective products or applications; building a rapport with the account managers/support personnel.
- Effectively communicates with users to understand processes followed and possible cause/solutions. Answers questions, applying knowledge of software, hardware and procedures in a concise manner.
- To write or revise user training manuals and procedures. To develop training materials such as exercises and visual displays. Where appropriate, train users on hardware and software onsite or in a classroom environment, or recommend outside contractors to provide training. All the above in conjunction with HR and Training departments.
- To evaluate software, hardware and other solutions to assist with operational management or user productivity.
- To install computers, software and peripheral equipment as required.
- Monitor data communications networks to ensure that network is available to all system users and resolves data communications problems.
- Check system backups on daily basis and monitor system disk space and usage.
- Maintain regular contact with suppliers and support teams to ensure ongoing quality of service. Maintain excellent client relationship with suppliers, building up close working relationships, ensuring good communication.
The Langham, London offers a wide range of benefits which include: meals on duty, holidays, free accommodation at other Langham Hotels, Company pension plan, colleague recognition system, learning and development opportunities and many more.
The Langham London, London’s Original Grand Hotel and flagship of the international Langham Hospitality Group comprises 378 luxury bedrooms and suites, the acclaimed Roux at The Landau and Palm Court restaurants, the Artesian Bar, extensive Meeting & Events facilities and Europe’s first Chuan Spa.
The team at the hotel prides itself on creating enchanting encounters for our guests and we’ve been doing so since 1865.
- Previous experience of working in IT within Hospitality related environment
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012, Group Policy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013
- Knowledge of hotel systems such as Opera, Micros, Materials Control, SUN Accounting etc.
- Able to work as part of a team or independently
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Flexible approach
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communicator
- Problem solving and analytical mind
- To be professional at all times
Terms of employment
Apply for IT Administrator - The Langham, London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly