Junior Pastry Sous Chef - London
Hotel Café Royal offers to takes guests on a sumptuous culinary journey across a multitude of restaurants, bars, cafés and private dining areas. Our talented culinary team showcase both flair and creativity in combining quality British ingredients with a cosmopolitan mix of International, Italian and French influences. Working within one of London’s newest and modern kitchens featuring all of the latest specialist culinary equipment, our team creates an elegant, yet contemporary theme in keeping with the Café Royal’s history and hallmarks of exceptional quality and style.
As a Junior Pastry Sous Chef you will support the senior kitchen team in the running of daily operations, whilst ensuring the highest standard and quality of service is being consistently delivered. This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, career focused chef to take the next step and become part of a company renowned for quality menus and exceptional standards.
- You will currently be working as a Junior Pastry Sous Chef or a Senior Chef de Partie, working within a 5* hotel or large high end restaurant or other establishment and ready for the next step in your career.
- Be professionally trained with a minimum NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Have previous experience in the development of menus
- Have previous experience of managing a large kitchen brigade
- Some experience of kitchen management including budgeting and control of food costs
- The desire to join a hotel to grow and develop with a new and expanding luxury hotel group part of the Leading hotels of the world
- A team player with the flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings and weekends in order to support the operation
- Competitive Salary + Service Charge
- 20 days holidays + 8 public holidays, rising to 25 days holiday + 8 public holidays after 5 years’ service
- Group Life Insurance Scheme and other Financial advice services
- Company Pension Scheme commencing in June 2016
- On duty meal, personalised uniforms provided and dry cleaned free of charge
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted Room rates, Spa and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts including subsidised chiropody
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
Apply for Junior Pastry Sous Chef - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly