Fitness Professional - West Wickham Leisure Centre, West Wickham
BUSINESS UNIT: Facilities
REPORTS TO: Health and Fitness Manager
To deliver a world class and engaging exercise experience for members, interacting and building relationships with members to support them in improving the way they look and feel. The Fitness Professional will work closely with all other team members within the department and deliver company retention, operational and health & safety requirements. The Fitness Professional will also deliver exercise programmes for new and existing members and progress into delivering Weekly Personal Training Sessions which are targeted and will ensure that personal revenue, profit and other performance targets are consistently achieved.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Delivering company objectives based around retention.Ensuring that member engagement benchmark targets are achieved and that member engagement quality is premium to our service.
- Achieve retention member engagement targets set by the Fitness Manager.
- Deliver service excellence by maintaining a high profile within the Fitness Arena, pro-actively engaging with every member on the gym floor, thus helping to create an informative, professional and positive environment.
- Deliver day to day operational duties required by the Fitness Manager such as weekly, monthly maintenance checks and repairs.And ensure cleaning is delivered daily to ensure high hygiene standards.
- Devise appropriate and structured exercise programmes for both new and existing members, applying the company systems and monitoring each member’s progress on a regular basis as per the My Time Active objective.
- Effectively manage new members through the My Time Start Active Induction programme and achieve the My Time Active benchmark targets.
- Deliver Personal Training (once qualified) to members and achieve revenue & KPI targets as per targets set by the Fitness Manager.All Personal trainers must progress through the phased PT progression plan.Employees must achieve a 20/20 split by the start of month 5 of employment.Employees working 20 hours per week must deliver a minimum of 10/10 split at the start of month 3 of employment.
- Comply to delivering Personal Training off-shift only.
- Ensure that you adhere to the Fitness Managers rota for the team as this is set to match the needs of the business.
- Deliver a minimum of 3 gym floor or studio based group exercises classes per week within gym hours.
- Complete all Learning & Development courses and Personal Training prerequisites requirements as required by My Time Active to progress through My time Active career map for Fitness Professional/Personal Trainer. Through self development, ensure that individual PT business grows & delivered Personal Training sessions increase.
- Attend training sessions and weekly departmental meetings as and when requested.
- Ensure Retention K.P.I targets are achieved through the clubs target and also individual target set by the Fitness Manager.
- Maintain personal knowledge of all fitness-related matters so as to provide knowledgeable and professional advice on relevant subjects.
- Close down the department when on the relevant shift, in accordance with club and departmental Opening Procedures.
- Fully support and promote all Mytime Active Programmes, events and challenges.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness within the Fitness Arena. Completing daily and weekly cleaning and maintenance checks in line with manufacturer’s instructions and site specific schedule.
ADDITIONAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To act in a manner that always puts the member’s health & interests first.
- To demonstrate My Time Active Core Values at all times
- Deliver a minimum amount of instructing hours on the Active Lifestyles Fresh Start Referral Programme.
- To provide holiday/sickness cover on the referral programmes.
- Conduct initial appointments and inductions on the Active Lifestyles Fresh Start Exercise Referral scheme in accordance with QMS guidelines and the Exercise Adviser Handbook.