Group Beverage Assistant - Central London
GROUP BEVERAGE ASSISTANT
Salary Package: £30,000
Location: Central London
Reports to: Beverage Manager
Major Goal: The Group Beverage Assistant at Cubitt House is expected to assist in the training, support and development of the floor & WET team.
Through doing this we aim to build an enthusiastic & knowledgeable team of staff working towards an enjoyable experience for our guests as well as a sound financial return for the business.
Primary Roles – Direct area of responsibility
- Induction training, including; presenting and developing the training material
- Regular on-site training including, attending and providing managers with feedback on delivery, developing material and structure for training carried out onsite.
- Continue to develop and deliver the Cubitt House Beverage Academy
- Assistance in the development of all WET product descriptions and wine tech sheets
- Attend and assist with the organisation of staff trips and visits
- Work with the HR team to produce the training budget for Cubitt House
- Awareness of the training budget and producing monthly figures for the HR manager
MENTORING & SUPPORT
- Developing and supporting the Bar and Wine Managers on shift
- Arranging training sessions to develop Bar & Wine Managers and other members of the WET team
- Working closely with the HR team regarding the progression and development of the WET team
- Assist in hosting quarterly Beverage meetings
- Assist in the development of the Wine Dinners, wine tastings and Master Classes
- Communication with Executive Chef for specific menu creation for special events
- Assist with external events
ON-SITE AT THE VENUES
- Working closely with the team’s onsite to empower knowledge and develop the teams
- Completion of shifts working on the floor including a minimum of two evenings per week and the occasional weekend.
- Delivery of short concise training sessions during briefings
- Having a strong presence across all of the site’s
- Assisting Bar Managers in the creation of new cocktail menu’s, attending tastings and presenting feedback to the Managers
- Attend tasting with suppliers and provide suggestions and input into listings
- Working with the Bar & Wine Managers and assisting them in developing seasonal cocktail, new spirits, juice menus and product knowledge
- Build solid working relationship with all suppliers
- Ensure all existing purchase contracts are honoured.
- Design and execution of seasonal beverage menu changes
- Working with Bar Managers to create exciting and interesting cocktail lists
- Ensure drinks lists are accurate
- Ensure efficient communication with the print room regarding changes
- Attend stock takes and subsequent monthly meetings, provide feedback on how improvements can be made and follow up on site to ensure this is being actioned.
- Point one and Saffron Administration: Ensure all stock control and purchasing software is kept up to date at all times
- Monitor all stock movement and purchases of international wines
- Ensure all beverage costs and profit margins are followed
Apply for Group Beverage Assistant - Central London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly