Head Chef - Malmaison Reading
The clue to Malmaison’s distinctive character is our passion for creating memories in an aspirational lifestyle brand.
Malmaison is flirty, sexy and sophisticated. Inviting and seductive. Our customers feel special. They’re all celebrities in our eyes, and deserve VIP treatment.
Our locations also make us very different from other UK hotels. Guests might find themselves checking into a converted church, a former prison, a hospital, or even a Royal Mail sorting office.
Each hotel is a unique transformation, designed with a bold, adventurous vision of luxurious hospitality
Get a taste of how we do things…. Oui Chef! Head Chef role involves taking responsibility for the kitchen department, food cost, ordering, food and health and safety of the kitchen brigade and all food preparation. Ensuring our tasty dishes must be prepared with attention to detail and to the highest standard. Motivate the team and share knowledge. Training and developing chefs within the team is just as important to create a great brigade for the future. Head Chef will report directly to the General Manager and works closely with the Brand Executive Chef. Experience of working in a similar quality restaurant is required and an excellent knowledge of food is necessary.
In return you get to work for great brands with like minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
Style and decadence is our mantra, and the moody lighting, roll-top baths and gigantic, soft beds are what make this one of the most sophisticated hotels in Reading. Take your pick from 75 fabulous rooms and suites and hop on the train to dreamland.Enjoy a refreshing cocktail in our chic Malbar, which specialises in providing some of the comfiest sofas and tastiest drinks in Reading; take your pick from our world-class wine list or selection of ice-cold beers, and settle back in this stylish, ambient bar in the heart of the hotel. A far cry from the so-so station tearooms of the past, our Brasserie specialises in locally sourced dishes with a contemporary French influence, including succulent steaks, mouth-watering Malburgers, country lamb and delicious, fresh seafood. Whether you're visiting Malmaison for romantic breaks or business meetings, this Reading hotel is a place where you'll want your encounter to last forever.