Night Porter - Newcastle
Night Porter - Malmaison, Newcastle
The clue to Malmaison’s distinctive character is our passion for creating memories in an aspirational lifestyle brand. Malmaison is flirty, sexy and sophisticated. Inviting and seductive. Our customers feel special. They’re all celebrities in our eyes, and deserve VIP treatment. Our locations also make us very different from other UK hotels. Guests might find themselves checking into a converted church, a former prison, a hospital, or even a Royal Mail sorting office. Each hotel is a unique transformation, designed with a bold, adventurous vision of luxurious hospitality.
In return you get to work for great brands with like minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
As guests sleep sound in their beds, the Nights team keep everything running like clockwork. Your role as Night Porter will involve taking responsibility for the Food & Beverage Department of the hotel during the night. You will welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensuring that the public areas are kept immaculate. You will be expected to assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay. You will also be expected to valet park cars and ensure the public areas are kept clean and tidy. You will be organised, an excellent communicator. Experience in a similar position is beneficial but not necessary, however, service with a smile and personality is a must.
One of the most chilled hotels in Newcastle; it has 122 plush and posh rooms and suites that span 9 floors, of which one whole floor has a shipbuilding theme. The smart Chez Mal Brasserie is the heart of Malmaison Newcastle, specialising in British and French dishes with an iconic twist. Stop by our bar afterwards, where we serve hand-picked craft beers, buckets of fizz and a famous list of Malchemy cocktails. Whether it's an early morning breakfast meeting or a romantic getaway for two, you can enjoy a relaxed and welcoming vibe right up until the party begins. Just 15 minutes' walk from the shops and clubs in the city centre, this is one of the most attractive hotels in Newcastle city centre. A beautiful space, breath-taking views and comfy beds are all in a day's work for us, but mark our words: you'll be going overboard for Mal Newcastle.