Kitchen Porter - Hotel du Vin Exeter
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
You scrub up well… responsible for the general cleanliness of the kitchen and staff areas. Kitchen Porters will be required to assist the kitchen brigade by ensuring that the kitchen is maintained at a high level of cleanliness at all times aswell as manage the pot and plate wash areas. It can be a demanding job but the rewards are worth it.
There's something truly magical about Devon. The artist Brian Froud references it - and especially the dramatic vistas of Dartmoor National Park - as the inspiration behind some of his best work. So welcome to our “contemporary wonderland” as Alastair Sawday dubbed us, in the heart of this sublime city. Take a step inside this iconic building, formerly the West of England Eye Hospital, where historic walled gardens and striking architecture create the backdrop for a truly special experience. As our newest property, this glorious Exeter hotel is brimming with its own charm and unique personality, distinct from our other hotels but equally impressive in its own right. Hugo Dalton was inspired to mural our lounge wall, opening out onto the magical terrace and garden perfect for sketching faeries, writing novellas or simply sipping a glass of Pinot. If the weather doesn't inspire you a short meander through our library certainly will, whilst the call of the bar and bistro is sure to tempt you with its fantastic range of bottles and beautiful French-inspired menus.