Commis Chef - Hotel du Vin Edinburgh
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
Get a taste for the Kitchen… Begin a beautiful friendship and start your cooking career with us. Responsible for the general mis en place in the kitchen, a Commis Chef will be required to assist the kitchen brigade in the day to day running of the kitchen preparing food to the highest standard. Our menus include a la carte, daily specials and our dishes allow us the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products. Commis Chefs must be passionate about food and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
From poorhouse to asylum to science lab to boutique hotel, the building's lived through many guises since 1743. Bursting with character, the exposed brickwork and original features are typical Hotel du Vin, as is al fresco dining in the central courtyard, courtesy of our trademark bistro kitchen. Enjoy a scrumptious afternoon tea, a 'blether' in the bar with a favourite cocktail, a nightcap in the Whisky Snug, or a cigar (and whisky) in the heated Cigar Bothy all within our elegant hotel in Edinburgh. And there's always our extensive wine list to explore with our Sommelier in the Laroche tasting room. Or hold a business meeting, private party, family get-together or wedding celebration in our quirky function rooms, before heading to one of 47 distinctive bedrooms - each with a custom made, 'sleigh' bed, hand-sprung mattress, soft Egyptian cotton bed linen, fluffy towels, robes, and a monsoon shower or roll top bath. For business or pleasure in Auld Reekie, it has to be Hotel du Vin Edinburgh.