Assistant Pub Manager - The George, Soho
Pub/Hotel: The George, Soho
Dedicated and enthusiastic assistant manager required
The George in Soho is looking for a proactive and dynamic Assistant Manager to join our team immediately.
Set in a bustling and lively area and dubbed Sohos ‘Local, the George is part of the Shepherd Neame Group of sixty managed pubs, restaurant and hotels in London and the South East.
We need an enthusiastic and professional assistant manager with bags of personality, first class communication skills and someone that has some form of previous supervisory or team leader experience.
This is a full time and permanent role which will see you working five days out of seven to include evenings and weekends, so you must be flexible in terms of working hours. In return we can offer you the training and support required to achieve your career potential in our sector.
We have an open day for interviews all day on Monday 12 September 2016, so please apply online now and we will contact you.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reporting into the General Manager and taking complete ownership of the site in their absence, you will support the day-to-day running of this fast paced and busy wet led business.
- Operationally you will ensure first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards are maintained and that customer expectations are met.
- As part of the management team you will work towards the company business and financial targets, undertaking all stock management, administrative and daily banking duties as required.
- You will take ownership for all licencing legislation and health and safety requirements whilst on site.
- You will be responsible for the recruitment, staff management, training and development for a small team of staff.
- Proven experience in pubs, restaurants, hospitality or retail at a supervisory or deputy level.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to engage, train and motivate a team of staff.
- First class customer service, health and safety and service standards.
- Ideally you will be conversant in all aspects of cellar management, but full training will be provided.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector with the desire to succeed.
- Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
If you think you have the skills, enthusiasm and dedication required to undertake this role please apply online with your CV now.