Sous / Second Chef Required - The Shakespeare, Canterbury
Pub/Hotel: The Shakespeare, Canterbury
Experienced chef required for busy pub in Canterbury
Due to business demand, the Shakespeare in Canterbury is looking for a Sous Chef to join our team on a full time and permanent basis.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of 60 managed houses in the London and the South East; the Shakespeare boats a superb central location in historic Canterbury City. We are a popular drinking and dining spot by day offering a wide range of classic, fresh and distinctive dishes then we have a more contemporary feel in the evening with a wide range of music and relaxed but vibrant feel.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced sous chef that is ready for a new challenge within our business as we offer great training and support, salaries and company benefits. Longer term there may also be the chance for you to join our proven chef’s development programme which can help you achieve your future career potential.
- Proven experience at Sous Chef level or someone ready for that next step.
- The ability to run the kitchen and a lead a small team in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience of stock ordering, rotation and management.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
Please note that this is a live out role.
In order to be considered for this post please either apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.