Chef de Partie - Barnett Hill, Surrey
3 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Chef de Partie
Barnett Hill Country House Hotel is a beautiful Queen Anne style property set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodland; sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty.
Located only 15 minutes from Guildford town, Surrey and 45 mins from central London, Barnett Hill is wonderfully convenient yet retains a tranquil and undisturbed rural setting.
Dating back to 1905, the Queen Anne style property was the dream of Frank Cook, Grandson of renowned travel agent ‘Thomas Cook’. Since 1944 Barnett Hill has been used for training, conference and events, with bedrooms later being added; to date it now serves as a beautiful property for leisure, dining, wedding and conference events.
Bedrooms at Barnett Hill show historic and contemporary personalities. Each room is individually decorated, comfortable and finely appointed. Barnett Hill offers 59 en-suite bedrooms; many offered in the main house and others located in an adjacent bespoke accommodation building.
Butlers Restaurant operates throughout the week catering for resident and non resident guests and can seat 40/45 guests. There is also Barnett Hill Bar and Traditional Afternoon Tea is offered each day.
Functions, conferences and weddings are a big part of the business at Barnett Hill.
There are 15 meeting rooms catering for up to 70 guests and 3 suites for Civil Ceremonies.
Reporting to the Head Chef/Sous Chef you will be working across all areas of the Kitchen.
Duties will include;
- Producing food for all service periods in the Restaurant, as well as Bar food, Banqueting, Room Service and Afternoon tea.
- Preparation, production and service of food to the standard required in a timely and efficient manner
- Fresh local seasonal produce used wherever possible with some being grown in our small kitchen garden. Food is cooked and prepared from fresh on a daily basis.
- Assist with the preparation of daily/weekly orders for food and kitchen supplies adhering to stock control procedures as directed by the Head/Sous Chef.
- Be responsible for receiving and storing of all relevant food and non food items.
- Assist Head/Sous Chef with daily menu planning and composition as and when required.
- Supporting the Head and Sous Chef with the design of menu items for restaurant, afternoon tea, as well as banqueting menus
- To deputise for the Head Chef/Sous Chef in their absence as and when required including supervision of the kitchen ( team of 6 Chefs + 3 Kitchen Porters) , internal communication / attending meetings.
- Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
- Carry out daily cleaning duties within the kitchen as directed by the Head/Sous Chef in addition to following a ‘clean as you go’ policy.
- Ensure compliance with inhouse HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety systems to ensure compliance.
- Completing duties in a culture and with an attitude of always striving to exceed standards to promote improvements and raise the quality of feedback from all diners across the hotel.
- The Hotel is soon to be under the ownership of Alexander Hotels with a planned programme of refurbishment along with aspirations for AA listings and Rosette Awards as achieved in the rest of Alexander Hotels Group.
The business is varied offering catering to Hotel Guests, In-house Conference Delegates, as well as guests from the local area. Barnett Hill is a popular wedding venue with weddings taking place in the 3 wedding suites. 38 -40 weddings per year for up to 70 guests with 100 guests for evening receptions.
- Working 5 shifts per week 45 hrs per week.
- Previous experience in a quality environment but is now seeking their first pastry chef role with responsibility for the Pastry Section.
- Demonstrate during a trial shift the practical ability to be able to produce plated desserts to a rosette standard.
- Demonstrate flair and creativity to develop the hotels Afternoon Tea Menu.
- Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
- Live locally or have the ability to relocate to the area with own transportation.
- 4 weeks holiday increasing with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
Following completion of the company's 3 month probationary period access to a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Apply for Chef de Partie - Barnett Hill, Surrey
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly