Head Bartender - London
- Salary: Competitive plus service
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Reference: FIRM-HEADBAR-2016
We are currently recruiting for a Head Bartender to join our busy and highly successful bar team.
Your main responsibility as a Head Bartender will be to assist in overseeing the day to day operation of the bar. You will be liaising between senior management and team members, to ensure that the highest level of customer service is being delivered and the expectations of our guests are consistently exceeded.
- Have a good command of the bar menu and wine list to deliver recommendations to the guests
- Create new cocktail concepts and assist with building new menu ideas
- Ensure the correct measurements and other licence regulations are being followed by the team
- Cashing up
- Monitor sales and standards of upselling delivered
- Previous experience as a Head Bartender within a 5* hotel or luxury bar
- Excellent understanding of mixology, wines and spirits
- Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exceptional standards
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Previous experience in training and developing staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent personal presentation
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
- Previous knowledge of Micros is desirable
As a Head Bartender you will work full time hours as required by the operation, where some weekends will be required.
To apply for the role of Head Bartender:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.