Kitchen assistant / porter - Part time - The Anchor, Colchester
3 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Pub/Hotel: The Anchor, Colchester
Dedicated kitchen assistant required for busy riverside pub & restaurant
The Anchor Rowhedge is looking for a kitchen assistant / porter to join our team immediately.
This role will see you working part time hours between 16 and 40 hours per week on a permanent basis, and this will include early starts and late evenings, so your must have your own transport or being within walking distance. Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for maintaining a clean, hygienic and tidy kitchen area and ensuring that our customers are served quickly and efficiently.
- You will manage and clean the pot wash and plate wash area, processing cutlery through the washers and you will ensure there is adequate clean stock and cutlery for service.
- You will be required to support our team of chefs with basic food preparation.
- Experience is preferable.
- You will want to work as part of a kitchen team and learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- You must be prepared to work in a hot, fast paced and busy kitchen.
- Candidates must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- The ability to work some evening and weekends where required.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- You will be a great team player, reliable and trustworthy.
- To provide holiday cover.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.