General Manager - The Royal, Whitstable
Pub/Hotel: The Royal, Whitstable
General Manager required for busy Pub & Restaurant overlooking the sea at Tankerton
Shepherd Neame have an exciting opportunity for a proven General Manager to join our team and take on the running of the Royal in Tankerton, Kent.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in London and the South East, the Royal is a busy pub and restaurant that boasts a fantastic sea fronted location in Tankerton, a suburb that sits between the coastal towns of Whitstable and Herne bay.
The Royal is now part of our ever expanding managed estate and following a small refurbishment in September, we are looking for an enthusiastic manager that can join our team in October and take on this exciting challenge with us.
Offering a traditional British style cuisine with a twist and able to cater for approximately eighty covers in the restaurant, the Royal plays host to a very diverse customer base. We are looking for a General Manager that has a real passion for quality food and service delivery standards, together with excellent customer service skills that can further establish this business locally and successfully drive the offer and sales forward at this site.
- Proven experience at general management level within the pubs, restaurants or the hospitality sector.
- Experience in a very busy high volume food & beverage operation.
- A passionate for food and great knowledge kitchen operations and management.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train, motivate and develop a team of approx. 20 staff.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assist with management reports and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales and marketing from site.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Competitive salary that is negotiable dependant on experience.
- Two bed live in accommodation, with garden and parking – if required.
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Profit share scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a General Manager with a dynamic and ever growing company please apply online with your CV now.
- As above