Deputy Manager / Assistant Manager - The Royal, Whitstable
Pub/Hotel: The Royal, Whitstable
Assistant manager required for busy Pub & Restaurant on Tankerton seafront
The Royal in Tankerton is recruiting for an experienced Deputy or Assistant Manager that is on the lookout for an exciting new challenge to join our management team.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in London and the South East, the Royal is a busy pub and restaurant that boasts a fantastic sea fronted location in Tankerton, a suburb that sits between the coastal towns of Whitstable and Herne bay.
The Royal is now part of our ever expanding managed estate and following a small refurbishment in September, we are looking for we are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant manager to join us in October.
Offering a traditional British style cuisine with a twist and able to cater for approximately eighty covers in the restaurant, the Royal plays host to a very diverse customer base.
Working in conjunction with the General Manager this post will see you upholding first class customer service, service delivery and food quality standards, in order to help put the Royal on the map locally.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reporting into the General Manager and taking complete ownership of the site in their absence, you will support the day-to-day running of this fast paced and busy food led business.
- Operationally you will ensure first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards are maintained and that customer expectations are met.
- As part of the management team you will work towards the company business and financial targets, undertaking all stock management, administrative and daily banking duties as required.
- You will take ownership for all licencing legislation and health and safety requirements whilst on site.
- You will be responsible for the recruitment, staff management, training and development for a team of approx. 20 staff.
- Proven experience in high volume food led pubs, restaurants or hotels at a supervisory level.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to engage, train and motivate a team of staff.
- First class customer service, health and safety and service standards.
- Ideally you will be conversant in all aspects of cellar management, but full training will be provided.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector with the desire to succeed.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
Please note that this is a live out role.
If you think you have the skills, enthusiasm and dedication required to undertake this role please apply online with your CV now.
- As above